Stuffed Chicken Burgers

This recipe is actually for stuffed turkey burgers, but we didn’t have any ground turkey on hand, so I used ground chicken. Hubby said these are his favorite non-beef burgers. The glaze really balanced out the flavors of the red peppers. I ate mine without a bun.

Stuffed Chicken burgers – original recipe from Lindsey’s Blog – makes 4
1 1/2 lbs. Ground Chicken Breast
1/2 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Packet
4 oz. Goat Cheese Softened
1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)
1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers (Chopped)
Pepper
2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
Combine goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl and set aside.

In a medium bowl mix together ground turkey and Good Seasonings. Shape into 8 equal sized patties. Scoop the cheese mixture onto four patties and top with remaining patties. Use for fingers, seal the edge of burgers closed.

Grill or broil for seven minutes per side or until no longer pink.

Balsamic Glaze
In a small skillet heat vinegar and cornstarch over low heat stirring occasionally until it turns think and syrupy.
Drizzle on top of cooked burgers.

6 Responses to “BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks”

nutmegnanny — February 15, 2010 at 3:05 pm

These look great! I just recently broke down and tried BBQ chicken pizza. It’s delicious! I should give this recipe a try this week. I know my boyfriend would love it.

Joanne — February 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm

My favorite pizza place when I lived in Boston was Sicilia’s…I love their stuffed pizza. It was always our go-to on Superbowl Sunday.

I, like you, only eat pizza sparingly now though and its typically homemade. there are just so many good toppings you can put on homemade pizza that you can’t find in pizza places (sweet potatoes?). This bbq chicken pizza looks delicious!

Julie — February 16, 2010 at 1:36 am

That’s sounds great any way you serve it up.

CB — February 16, 2010 at 4:15 am

Whoa whoa whoa!!? You’re NOT a pizza person? How are we friends? I think we need to break up. HA HA! BBQ pizza sticks sounds awesome. I’m definitely starring for next party. Yum!

Jen — February 16, 2010 at 4:21 am

I blame it on my stomach issues CB. Plus, I ate enough pizza in college to last a life time!

yumventures — February 16, 2010 at 1:53 pm

They sound great! I always love new ways to serve old favorites =)