Stuffed Chicken Burgers

This recipe is actually for stuffed turkey burgers, but we didn’t have any ground turkey on hand, so I used ground chicken. Hubby said these are his favorite non-beef burgers. The glaze really balanced out the flavors of the red peppers. I ate mine without a bun.

Stuffed Chicken burgers – original recipe from Lindsey’s Blog – makes 4
1 1/2 lbs. Ground Chicken Breast
1/2 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Packet
4 oz. Goat Cheese Softened
1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)
1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers (Chopped)
Pepper
2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
Combine goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl and set aside.

In a medium bowl mix together ground turkey and Good Seasonings. Shape into 8 equal sized patties. Scoop the cheese mixture onto four patties and top with remaining patties. Use for fingers, seal the edge of burgers closed.

Grill or broil for seven minutes per side or until no longer pink.

Balsamic Glaze
In a small skillet heat vinegar and cornstarch over low heat stirring occasionally until it turns think and syrupy.
Drizzle on top of cooked burgers.

13 Responses to “Chicken Gyros”

yumventures — July 9, 2010 at 11:55 am

I love making a bunch of different recipes and having them come together in one awesome meal! This looks so delicious, especially with the heat we’ve been having!

Manne — July 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Next time I come over, I insist we either have these delicious looking Gyros or go to the Turkish restaurant you talked about.

We Are Not Martha — July 9, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Wow, I love that addiction to the stove! Your chicken gyros look super flavorful and like the perfect hot day lunch!

Sues

Lauren — July 9, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I love that every aspect of this meal is homemade… yum! What is the name of the Turkish restaurant? I need to check it out :).

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — July 9, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I just made something similar and they were great! LOVE the sauce! Thanks!

biz319 — July 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Can’t wait for you to post the recipe – I am putting it on my menu for next week. 😀

I used to make tzatziki sauce too -until my grocery store started selling it for .99 cents for a 16 ounce container – so cheap!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sweet & Savory Summer — July 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I love me a traditional, good, lamb gyro- but these look delicious! I might have to break out of my comfort zone 🙂

Sweet & Savory Summer — July 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Julie — July 9, 2010 at 11:50 pm

We definitely have to try these…yum!

brettb734 — July 11, 2010 at 2:46 am

Those look delicious, I will have to try those!

Sheena — July 13, 2010 at 12:20 am

Can the pita bread dough be made in advance and kept in the fridge overnight? I want to make these tomorrow for dinner but will not have time for the 90 minute and then 20 minute rise times. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Cara — July 13, 2010 at 1:40 pm

welcome to the bandwagon! love Elly’s recipe!

Jen — July 13, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Manne – sounds like a plan

Lauren – It’s called Brookline Family Restaurant and it’s on Washington St in Brookline Village. Definitely check it out if you’re in the area.

Sheena – I’m not sure about freezing the pita bread dough. I’m sure it would be fine as other bread doughs can be frozen and used later. Let me know how it goes if you try it!