Vegan Brownies – 3 WW pts each

I have been craving a big fat brownie for a couple days now. Unfortunately, I got a sinus infection and couldn’t do much, but once I started feeling better, I knew what I wanted to do. I found a Vegan brownie recipe and it turned out pretty darn good. It definitely satisfied my craving! I made a few modifications to the recipe and they still turned out great.

Vegan Brownie (from Allrecipes.com) – makes 242 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water – I used 1 1/2 cups of soy milk1 cup vegetable oil I used 1/2 cup1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

I wanted to add some nuts to some of the brownies, so I decided to add nuts to 1/3, swirled chocolate/PB chocolate chips to 1/3 and left 1/3 plain. Hubby liked the ones with the PB/choco-chips best. I liked the plain ones best.

Ahh… this is the best way to enjoy a brownie – warm with vanilla ice cream (Tofutti for me) over the top. MMmmmm!!

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)

1 serving: 153.9 Calories, 5.4 g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 127.3 mg Sodium, 62.1 mg Potassium, 25.5 g Carbs, 2.0 g Dietary Fiber, 18.0 g Sugar, 2.3 g Protein WW POINTS = 3

11 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.