Easy M&M Treats

These little guys remind me of Christmas growing up. We always made them. They’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet and are the perfect bite-size.

These treats would also be great for any other occasion. Pink or blue M&Ms for a baby shower, orange and black for Halloween, red and blue for Forth of July. I highly recommend making this a two-man job. It will make things go a lot smoother.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels. Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the melted almond bark. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond bark set.

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh