Brie Bites

Hubby and I were going to a wine and cheese party. I wanted to bring an appetizer that fit the theme. I just kind of threw these together and they were quite tasty!

Brie Bites (by ME!)
60 pre-made phyllo cups (4 packages)
15 oz Brie wheel – or spreadable Brie – see note below
topping choices:
Brown sugar
Dried cranberries
Toasted almonds
Fruit preserves

Cut the white casing off the Brie. I like to freeze the Brie for about 20 minutes to make this task easier. Cut Brie into 60 pieces (about 1-inch squares). NOTE: I made these more recently (11/29/08) and used the spreadable Brie that you can find right next to the regular Brie. It has no rind, so you can just scoop it into the cups. This was SO MUCH easier than cutting off the rind. It also melted a lot better and had a better texture because of it. I highly recommend doing it this way.

Put one piece of Brie into each phyllo cup. Bake for about 7 minutes at 350.

Top with either 1 tsp of fruit preserves or 1/2 tsp brown sugar and a couple almonds and a couple dried cranberries. Cook again for a few minutes to melt the preserves/sugar.

16 Responses to “Chipotle Cheez-Its”

Margaret Ladwig — January 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I saw your recipe last week and I had to make them. I had to save a few for my husband because when my kids came home for school they went nuts over them. So I had to run out to the store and get more cheese. I wound out making 7 different types of crackers. And they were all awesome…. I made Pepper Jack, Swiss and Black Pepper, Blue Cheese/ Brick, Chipotle Chedder, Chedder, Chedder Bacon, And Parmesan/Brick. For the Blue and the Parm I did them half and half because those two can be kinda strong on there own. I took them a party and they were a hugh hit.
    I am planning on making more this coming weekend.

Thanks for the recipe.

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:27 am

Wow! All of those sound awesome. I made another couple batches last night too. My sister made some and threw in a packet of ranch dressing mix. The possibilities for this recipe are literally endless!

Shannon — January 24, 2013 at 11:07 am

haha, love how excited hubby is about them 🙂 i’m going to have to make some crackers!!

• beantownbaker — January 24th, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

My sister has already made them twice. And the girl NEVER bakes. And my friend made some this weekend. Not going to lie, I’ve made them 4 times already…

teresa — January 24, 2013 at 3:02 pm

i’ve always really wanted to make my own crackers. i LOVE these flavors!

Megan — January 24, 2013 at 7:29 pm

These are adorable. And I’m jealous of the Penzey’s across the street!

• beantownbaker — January 24th, 2013 @ 8:44 pm

It’s kind of dangerous having one so close!!

Charis K — January 26, 2013 at 2:43 pm

With the Super Bowl coming, I will have to make these. They look so tasty! Love Penzey’s. I’ve never had fresher spices.

• beantownbaker — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

I would recommend doubling the batch for the Superbowl. I made more yesterday for hanging out with friends and the 4 of us went through an entire batch while playing cards.

Aimee — January 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

OMG Jen these are adorable! I like cheesy crackers, but would so much rather make them myself and know what’s in them. Plus Car’s vote of approval is always a plus. 🙂

• beantownbaker — January 29th, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

He more than approves of these. He asks me to make more every chance he gets.

education — February 13, 2014 at 4:05 am

Great information. Lucky me I found your website by chance (stumbleupon).

I have book-marked it for later!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} — February 26, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Oh wow, I need to make these, like now. I love cheez-its and with chipotle? I’m sold!

• beantownbaker — February 26th, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

They’re definitely awesome. We can plow through a batch in no time flat!

Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence — March 18, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I used to eat store bought cheez-its until i saw the laundry list of preservatives and foreign ingredients. I am very glad you shared this, now I can make them myself!
    I like the kick of chipotle, great idea!

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2014 @ 9:28 pm

They’re SO MUCH better than store bought! And no preservatives!