Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes

Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes – 6 WW pts with frosting (from Crazy about Cupcakes) makes 24
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, lightly crushed
Preheat over to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.

In a large bowl cream together the butter, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.

In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until integrated. Stir in sugar. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat for 30 seconds. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites. Beat for 2 more minutes. Stir in the crushed cookies.
Fill the cupcake lines three-quarters full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.

For frosting, we used this recipe and crushed up some Oreos and mixed them in as well.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cupcake: 214.4 Calories, 7.9g Fat, 10.9 mg Cholesterol, 149.7 mg Sodium, 48.6 mg Potassium, 33.9 g Carbs, 0.6 g Dietary Fiber, 14.4 g Sugar, 2.5 g Protein
WW POINTS = 5
Frosting: 58.9 Calories, 2.6g Fat, 0.5 mg Cholesterol, 48.2 mg Sodium, 22.7 mg Potassium, 8.6 g Carbs, 0.1 g Dietary Fiber, 2.3 g Sugar, 0.6 g Protein
WW POINTS = 1

10 Responses to “Chocolate Fudge Swirl Ice Cream”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — August 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

My ice cream with coconut milk keeps freezing solid, into a very solid rock. Any ideas what the problem is? I have a recipe going up tomorrow, with a disclaimer that you need to defrost it if you freeze it overnight, heh…

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Hm. I have noticed that some of my ice creams do need to sit on the counter for a bit before they’re scoopable. But I haven’t noticed if it’s related to the coconut milk or not… Mine is usually fine after sitting out for 10 minutes or so…

Shannon — August 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm

you are on a roll with the frozen treats! sounds like its been a good summer 🙂

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:34 am

I definitely am on a roll this summer… Homemade ice cream is just so dang good.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — August 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Love that you use coconut milk with all of this chocolate!

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I love the subtle coconut flavor that it provides!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — August 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

So much chocolaty goodness, wow I need this in my life. This ice cream looks beyond amazing!! Pinning :))

Nutmeg Nanny — August 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Chocolate fudge <3 oh my! This looks wonderful!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — August 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

That’s where those extra pounds have come from! Delicious homemade ice cream ruins all diets, but it’s just so yummy! This batch looks fantastic!

• beantownbaker — August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Absolutely! It’s so worth it.