Cranberry applesauce

I have to say, I dislike applesauce a lot. I think it’s a texture thing. Growing up, my sister was the one in our family who ate a lot of applesauce, I mean that she’d put it on her hamburger, on spaghetti noodles or eat it out of the jar. She loved it. I never did.

I thought I might like homemade applesauce since I would be able to control the texture. I had some leftover cran-applesauce from the potato pancakes I made, I decided to try my hand at homemade applesauce. I figured I was almost there, I just needed more apples and to thicken it up a bit. I took the leftover sauce and added 1 more cooked apple and mashed with my pastry cutter and voila!

Like I said, I don’t like applesauce, but this stuff was amazing. Very very good. Can’t wait to make a whole batch!

Cran-Applesauce (by ME!)
1 can of whole cranberry sauce
4 apples, cubed – I used golden delicious and left the skin on
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup brown sugar

Put everything into a saucepan and heat until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover. Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender. Mash apples until reaches desired consistency (I left mine fairly chunky).

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂