BBQ Dip

I love cream cheese. Add shredded cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce and some veggies and I’m in heaven. This dip always disappears quickly. I like to serve it with Frito’s scoops.

BBQ Dip – 2 WW pts/2 Tbsp (Original recipe from Kraft.com)
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese – I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 pkg. (2.8 oz.) Real Bacon Recipe Pieces
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1-1/2 cups Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
(I always add chopped tomatoes and cilantro as well)

Spread cream cheese onto large platter or bottom of pizza pan; drizzle with barbecue sauce.

Top with remaining ingredients.

Serve with your favorite crackers or chips.

Nutritional Information (from Kraft.com)
2 Tbsp: 60 calories, 4.5 g fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 2 g carbs, 0 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar
WW POINTS – 2

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂