Cilantro Turkey Burgers (3 WW pts) & Sauteed Mushrooms (2 WW pts)

Hubby swears that a burger isn’t a burger unless it’s beef. That was his opinion until he ate this turkey burger. We love it and it’s now one a staple on our menu! Thanks Joelen for the recipe!

We’ve also been on a big mushroom kick recently. I love to put sauteed mushrooms on anything!

Cilantro Turkey Burgers (from Joelen)
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 half large red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I used about a cup – we love Cilantro!)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
olive oil

In a bowl, grate onion. This allows it to add moisture to the turkey and even cooking.
To the grated onion, add turkey, cilantro & spices.
Combine thoroughly without over handling.
Shape into 4 patties.
Heat up grill pan or grill. Add oil to lubricate grill pan/grill. Cook on grill pan/grill pan until juices run clear.
Recipe for Sauteed Mushrooms: HERE
I calculated the points as 3 per turkey burger, not counting the bun or anything else you put on it.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.