New Features and Updates with Redesign

I just wanted to let you all know about a few key changes to my site that happened with the redesign at the end of last year.

ZipList – If you read other food blogs, I’m sure you know about ZipList. Now, when I have posted a recipe with a post, you will see a Save button next to the print button. By simply signing up for a ZipList account, you can save recipes from my blog, along with any other blog that has this feature. Then you can go to the Recipe Box page (up at the top) to see all of your saved recipes and make grocery lists. So be sure to check it out.

New Features - Ziplist

Mobile Users – I made the leap from Blogger to WordPress. While on blogger, I had enabled the web version of my blog. WordPress does not have that option. If you are getting a 404 Error on your mobile device, try navigating to www.beantownbaker.com directly – without the “/m” – which may be how your mobile device has saved the URL.

RSS Feeds – Everyone should still be getting posts in their feed. If you are having issues, be sure to check the URL in your reader. You should be using http://www.beantownbaker.com/feed to ensure that you get all the updates in a timely fashion.

New Features - Print Recipe

Print Button – All of my recipes now have a Print button! (Ok, there are still a few that I haven’t gotten to reformatting yet, but most of my posts have a print button). Be sure to check out the purple ribbon just to the right of the recipe title.

7 Responses to “Recipe Ideas for Thanksgiving”

Megan — November 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Can I have ALL of these dishes for Thanksgiving?? 😉

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 13, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Great ideas!

PS, Carbomb cupcakes are happening tomorrow!!

Julia — November 14, 2010 at 12:59 am

Thank you for all of the yummy recipes that you posted on your blog. I especially like the recipe for Squash Bisque. I just bought a butternut squash and didn’t know what to do with it, so I completely understand the dilemma that you were in! I am going to try it and if it turns out well, then I am going to make it for Thanksgiving. I am always in search for new recipes for the holiday. I work with Better Recipes.com and if you are in search for the same, I recommend you check out their Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas

Kathleen — November 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm

This looks like a great list of Thanksgiving dishes. Love your post on apple slab as well. I think I’m going to make one next week so I have it ready for Thanksgiving.

Rachel Blumenthal — November 15, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Congrats! Your acorn squash photo has been featured as a Photo of the Week on BostonFoodBloggers.com: http://www.bostonfoodbloggers.com/2010/11/photos-of-week.html

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:14 pm

So many great Thanksgiving recipes! Yum!

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I think I’m just making desserts this year, but I may sneak in that cranberry, caramelized onion, and goat cheese dip as well. Going to check out the recipe now.