Lindt Chocolate and Wine Pairing Party

Lindt recently launched a home party program called Lindt Chocolate R.S.V.P.. At hosted R.S.V.P. home parties, consultants lead tastings and earn extra income by selling Lindt products and gift items. Guests enjoy the tastings while learning some great chocolate tips. When I was contacted by Lindt to host a wine and chocolate preview party, I obviously said yes! Chocolate and wine are two of my favorite things!

The centerpiece of my party was a huge bowl of Lindt candies. It included a variety of their famous Lindt Lindor truffles along with other goodies to boot. My friend M and I fell in love with the truffle in the black wrapper – the extra dark. There were only a few in the bowl and he definitely got the last one!

Prior to the party, I hit up my local wine store to grab a few bottles of wine for the tasting and cut the chocolate in to bite size pieces. We were having our wine and chocolate tasting party after dinner, and it served as a great dessert course.

To taste each chocolate and wine combination, we followed the steps laid out in the R.S.V.P. Party Guide, taking breaks between each pairing to cleanse our palette with some water and crackers. The steps we took were similar to what you may have experienced in other wine tastings.

1. Examine the wine
2. Examine the chocolate
3. Snap the chocolate and examine the break
4. Smell the wine
5. Smell the chocolate
6. Sip the wine
7. Taste the chocolate
8. Sip more wine

We started with the Excellence White Coconut bar since it has the lowest amount of cocoa. The recommended pairings for this chocolate are a sweet Riesling, a sparkling pink or red wine, a Muscat, or Muscato. I have to admit this chocolate was really the shining star of the night. We were all intrigued by the white chocolate and coconut. The mild flavor of the white chocolate paired beautifully with a sweet wine and the subtle coconut flavor really brought everything together nicely.

Next up was the Excellence Extra Creamy Milk bar. The suggested pairings for this chocolate are a buttery Chardonnay, a Pinot Noir, or a Merlot. This milk chocolate bar was indeed very creamy. As expected, it paired beautifully with the Pinot Noir I had selected. Milk chocolate is one of my least favorite chocolates, but I really enjoyed the last step of the tasting with this combination. The melty chocolate mixed with the fruity wine brought out new flavor notes in both the wine and the chocolate.

The last chocolate we tasted was the Excellence 70% Cocoa Bar. This dark chocolate should be paired with a Cabernet Savuvignon, a Merlot, a Syrah, or Shiraz. The spiciness from the wine that I chose complimented this bar really well. I’ve always been a huge dark chocolate fan, so it was no surprise that this chocolate was one of my favorites.

I also had some of the white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate for my friends to taste even though it wasn’t part of the official tasting as outlined in the R.S.V.P. Party Guide. At the end of the night, the two favorites among the group were the Excellence White Coconut bar and the bittersweet chocolate bar.

If you’re interested in placing an order or wish to learn more about the opportunities that Lindt Chocolate R.S.V.P. has to offer you can send an email to RSVP Customer Service for more information.

Disclosure: Lindt provided the chocolate and the means to purchase the wines to pair with them. All opinions are my own.

16 Responses to “Homemade Milky Way Candy Bars”

KV — October 20, 2010 at 1:28 pm

those look good too. Are homemade butterfingers next? I have a recipe I’m going to try out soon.

Jen — October 20, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Butterfingers would be tasty, but I’ve got something else coming on Friday…

amanda @ fake ginger — October 20, 2010 at 6:00 pm

OH YUM! I really want to try these but I’m horrible at dipping things too.

oneordinaryday — October 21, 2010 at 12:25 am

This is exactly what my son’s been asking me to do. You’re making it hard to say no – they look perfect!

Kimmy Bingham — October 21, 2010 at 1:03 am

Why do you tempt me so? Milky Ways are my favorites. This is so worth trying 🙂

Smitten Sugar — October 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yum these look delicious! I love Milky ways

Eliana — October 21, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Well they look pretty perfect to me! And super delicious too.

Kerstin — October 22, 2010 at 4:11 am

I’m so intrigued by the cool whip/chocolate mixture for the filling! These look so yummy and addicting!

Miss Yunks — October 22, 2010 at 4:34 pm

These look so cute and much easier than the milky ways and snickers I made a few months ago. I made mine in muffin wrappers so I didn’t dip them, just layered the chocolate, nougat, caramel, and chocolate! They came out pretty tasty but was a lot of work!

Rachael Pergler — October 26, 2010 at 1:31 am

I just tried these and they didn’t come out as I’d hoped. The chocolate and whipped cream mix was too sticky and wouldn’t harden. Did I do something wrong? Also what if you can’t find kraft caramel?

Jen — October 26, 2010 at 11:41 am

Rachael – Sorry to hear they didn’t turn out for you. The center part was a bit sticky while dipping and wasn’t super hard… Any caramel would work for this recipe, I just use the Kraft kind that comes individually wrapped.

K — November 2, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I would put melted chocolate in the pan first, freeze, then the chocolate mixture, then the caramel. Then you can spoon melted chocolate on top. Would this work? (It solves the dipping problem too!)

• beantownbaker — November 3rd, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

That could definitely work… The caramel might ooze out when you gut them though… Let me know how it goes if you try it.

Rick — October 31, 2014 at 11:23 am

I hope you are not using Cool Whip which is all trans-fat and high fructose corn syrup. I’m looking for a healthier alternative to the store bought Milky Way. Perhaps a recipe for homemade whip ?

Linda — December 23, 2015 at 1:42 pm

These were a DISASTER. I wasted my morning and a lot of ingredients. The chocolate mixture was so sticky when cutting into squares. The directions did not state whether to add water to the caramels when melting so I didn’t…the caramels ended up thick and so sticky, I had trouble putting it on the chocolate layer. Dumped the whole mess out since I didn’t want to waste a bag of milk chocolate chips to coat them. I have been baking my entire life (60 +) and never had a recipe go like that.

360 health tips — December 11, 2017 at 9:45 am

Very rapidly this website will be famous amid all
    blog visitors, due to it’s good articles or reviews