Blueberry Salsa over Grilled Mahi Mahi

Are you guys getting sick of all the blueberry recipes yet? I hope not, because I’ve still got a couple more to go. And the great thing is that I was able to freeze about half of the blueberries we picked, so I will be able to make and post blueberry recipes all year!

When I saw this recipe pop up on Cara’s Cravings, I knew it was something Hubby and I would thoroughly enjoy. Boy was I right about that! The blueberry salsa has a sweetness and a bit of heat that pairs so well with the subtle grilled mahi-mahi. This salsa would also be great on chips or over chicken.

If you’re looking for a savory way to use up some of your blueberries, definitely give this recipe a shot. And if you want, you can make the salsa ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few hours.

Print Save

Blueberry Salsa over Grilled Mahi Mahi

Yield: Serves 2

For the Fish:
2 mahi mahi filets
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

For the Blueberry Salsa:
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 of an avocado, diced
2 Tbsp minced red onion
3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1-2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
juice from 1/2 lime
pinch of salt, to taste

Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium. Rub the olive oil onto the fish filets, and season with salt and pepper.

In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, mango, red pepper, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Squeeze the lime juice over everything, toss to combine, and season with salt, to taste. Set aside.

Grill the fish for about 4 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily and is opaque in the center. Plate the fish and divide the salsa evenly. Serve immediately.

Recipe from Cara's Cravings, originally from Canyon Ranch: Nourish

10 Responses to “Strawberry Cobbler”

Stephanie — May 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I don’t eat strawberries but Alex does so I am looking forward to all the great recipes you’ll be sharing with us this week!

Btw, I gave you a blog award 🙂

We Are Not Martha — June 1, 2010 at 2:20 am

This looks like the perfect little summer dessert 🙂 I, too, am happy just popping strawberries in my mouth, but always welcome a more desserty type option. I love your little dessert cups, too!

kelly — June 1, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Elina — June 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love love love strawberries and love your idea of doing a whole week of recipes featuring them. I must stop by the farmers market on Friday to pick some up!

yumventures — June 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I LOVE individually sized desserts! And strawberries! Looks amazing 🙂

Carrie — June 3, 2010 at 5:36 pm

My husband goes Strawberry picking every year and my mom makes him Jam, I think I might have to make these for him this year too.

alexandjess — June 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I hate to be negative, but this recipe was a little disappointing for me.
    I loved! the cobbler topping. But the filling was way too sweet. It was like eating strawberry jam straight from the jar. And I even cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup and used about 3 cups of strawberries.
    Thanks so much for sharing it though. I look forward to trying the cobbler topping with other fruit fillings.

Jen — June 29, 2010 at 2:19 am

alexandjess – sorry to hear you didn’t like the fruit filling in this recipe. I wasn’t using the ripest berries when I made it. Maybe that’s why it was too sweet for you? Bummer either way 🙁

Memória — July 4, 2010 at 4:45 am

What a beautiful cobbler! The filling looks pretty and bright.

Sophia — July 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!