Cucumber Hummus Bites

Need a quick appetizer idea for a get together this coming holiday weekend? Look no further. These little guys are crispy, crunchy, and refreshing. Not to mention, good for you!

I made these for a snack one Saturday while Hubby and I were doing chores around the house. We goobled them right up. You can adapt this recipe for whatever flavors you like and whatever you have on hand. Easy peasy.

One Year Ago: Homemade Ding Dongs

Print Save

Cucumber Hummus Bites

Yield: 2

Ingredients:

1 cucumber, sliced
1 cup hummus
1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese

Directions:

Top cucumber slices evenly with hummus and evenly sprinkle roasted red peppers and goat cheese over the hummus.

14 Responses to “Raspberry Chipotle Jam”

Samantha — January 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Raspberry and chipotle! what a combo. I love this idea. I could put chipotle in anything and be happy.

• beantownbaker — January 22nd, 2014 @ 9:37 pm

Chipotle is a flavor I’m learning to love as I use it more and more!

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

Holy yum! This jam reminds me of the sauce in one of my favorite appetizers from a little restaurant in Kansas. It was raspberry chipotle sauce combined with cream cheese and black beans, and it was served warm with tortilla chips. The best!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Is it So Long Saloon by chance?…

If so, check back on Tuesday…

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

BTW, I just saw in your bio that you went to Purdue – I did too! Aero engineering for me. Crazy about that shooting this week…

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Yes, So Long Saloon! We lived in Manhattan for a few years while my husband worked on his PhD. Can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up on Tuesday!

Goodness, what a coincidence that you are a Purdue alumna too! Yes, so crazy and so sad.

Shannon — January 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm

this is definitely one i’ll need to make, great flavor combo 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — February 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Oh gosh, this is such a fun flavor combination 🙂 I can’t wait to try this out!

Jac — September 10, 2014 at 10:57 am

I am super excited to try this recipe out. I love idea of the sweet of the fruit and the heat of the pepper. I will let you know how mine turns out.

*I just moved to Boston which is how I found your website. I’m sorta sad that you moved back to Ohio because I would love to meet you. 😀

• beantownbaker — September 12th, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

Hope it turns out well for you! We love this jam. It’s really good on a breakfast sandwich.

MezzoBetsy — September 19, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Oh, yum! I’m a great fan of using jams, marmalades and chutneys with meat in the crockpot or as a glaze on roasts. This would be perfect on a pork tenderloin.

Joy — January 9, 2015 at 7:41 pm

how do you make it without the jam maker? I have a breadmaking machine that can make jelly, would it work about the same?

Lucinds — July 7, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Are there any water bath instructions?

AGEN SGP RESMI — November 30, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Thats look so delicious.. nice sharing