Black Forest Cupcakes for Frosting for the Cause

Have you guys seen the blog Frosting for a Cause? From their about page

Once a day, every day for a year you will be treated to a new and talented blogger who will showcase their home-made, hand-decorated cookies or cupcakes together with their recipes. Almost everyone, everywhere, has been touched by cancer in one form or another. The guest bakers will also share in a very personal manner with readers of Frosting for the Cause, about a woman in their life who had to face this terrible disease head-on.

The bakers/bloggers who participate all agree to donate $25 to the Canadian or American Cancer Society. As an added bonus, my company does donation matching, so my donation got doubled!

You should definitely check it out. Especially if you want the recipe for these Black Forest Cupcakes. I’ve provided the guest post for them today including the recipe for this cute little guy.

One Year Ago: Chinese Restaurant Almond Cookies

6 Responses to “Chocolate Sorbet”

Sarah C — April 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Is there any way to make this without an ice cream maker? I love the idea of this chocolate sorbet and was totally on board until the last part. Now I’m very curious and might have to do some googling after my daughter goes to bed.

• beantownbaker — April 22nd, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

I just started making ice cream after getting the ice cream attachment for my mixer. So I don’t personally have any experience making ice cream without an ice cream maker. I’m sure it’s been done. If you do make this without an ice cream maker, let me know how it turns out!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 23, 2013 at 7:14 am

Great idea! Love chocolate ice cream and I love you don’t need cream or eggs! Going to try this recipe!

• beantownbaker — April 23rd, 2013 @ 7:44 am

Let me know what you think of it. We really enjoyed it!

lili — May 5, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I added 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla. It was delicious.

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:53 pm

So glad you enjoyed it! I love adding salt to desserts. I will definitely have to do the same next time I make this.