Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak

I had a lot of success making cupcake toppers out of candy melts for the Harry Potter movie over the summer that I decided to make some again for the Superbowl. I found each of the team logos online and printed out 12 of each to use as a stencil.

First I taped my stencil sheet onto the counter so it wouldn’t move. Then I put wax paper over the stencil sheet and taped it to my countertop. I was glad that the craft store I went to had dark blue candy melts. I was worried I’d have to make the horseshoes with that light blue color of candy melts.

Then I heated up some dark blue and some chocolate candy melts and started piping. My detailed piping skills aren’t the best, but I think I did a pretty good job.

I’m planning to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then I’ll throw these on top. The frosting on the Saints cupcakes will be colored yellow.

10 Responses to “Chocolate Fudge Swirl Ice Cream”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — August 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

My ice cream with coconut milk keeps freezing solid, into a very solid rock. Any ideas what the problem is? I have a recipe going up tomorrow, with a disclaimer that you need to defrost it if you freeze it overnight, heh…

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Hm. I have noticed that some of my ice creams do need to sit on the counter for a bit before they’re scoopable. But I haven’t noticed if it’s related to the coconut milk or not… Mine is usually fine after sitting out for 10 minutes or so…

Shannon — August 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm

you are on a roll with the frozen treats! sounds like its been a good summer 🙂

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:34 am

I definitely am on a roll this summer… Homemade ice cream is just so dang good.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — August 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Love that you use coconut milk with all of this chocolate!

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I love the subtle coconut flavor that it provides!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — August 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

So much chocolaty goodness, wow I need this in my life. This ice cream looks beyond amazing!! Pinning :))

Nutmeg Nanny — August 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Chocolate fudge <3 oh my! This looks wonderful!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — August 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

That’s where those extra pounds have come from! Delicious homemade ice cream ruins all diets, but it’s just so yummy! This batch looks fantastic!

• beantownbaker — August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Absolutely! It’s so worth it.