Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak

I had a lot of success making cupcake toppers out of candy melts for the Harry Potter movie over the summer that I decided to make some again for the Superbowl. I found each of the team logos online and printed out 12 of each to use as a stencil.

First I taped my stencil sheet onto the counter so it wouldn’t move. Then I put wax paper over the stencil sheet and taped it to my countertop. I was glad that the craft store I went to had dark blue candy melts. I was worried I’d have to make the horseshoes with that light blue color of candy melts.

Then I heated up some dark blue and some chocolate candy melts and started piping. My detailed piping skills aren’t the best, but I think I did a pretty good job.

I’m planning to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then I’ll throw these on top. The frosting on the Saints cupcakes will be colored yellow.

10 Responses to “Homemade OREOS!”

Erin — April 23, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I’ve been wanting to try these for a long time! They look delicious!

Angie — April 23, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Oh, thank you for posting these… I know I could have just googled it but I was planning on looking up the recipe today because I think I’m gonna try them this weekend for lunch snacks next week!

Mrs D — April 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm

They look so yummy!

Joelen — April 23, 2009 at 1:46 pm

This looks great and it’s a recipe I have yet to try!

Kerstin — April 23, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Those are the perfect dunkable treats! They are so cute and look yummy too!

Suzy — April 23, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Great job on the oreos…They look delish, I’ll have to try them. Deb and hubby are enroute to Pioneer Woman’s ranch, if you didn’t already know. Keep up with her antics over the weekend!

Netts Nook — April 27, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Home made OREO’S I am impressed. They look perfect.

Memoria — April 27, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I made these a few days ago, too! I made Oreo cupcakes with them the next day. They were very yummy and quick to make!

Micco — December 5, 2009 at 12:17 am

I’m going to take the vegan approach to your recipe tonight, but I noticed you don’t have round cookie cutters. If you’re ever in need of an impromptu cutter (e.g. for biscuits), any round, empty shape will work. In fact, the other day, I made window cookies using a mug and a pill cap. No one was the wiser.

Excited to try the recipe – especially since I don’t have to cut anything. Thanks!

themilkmanswife — January 21, 2010 at 2:23 am

Thanks for sharing these with me! I’ll have to give this filling a whirl for my Oreo loving husband! 🙂