Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup

Remember the ice cream cupcakes I made? Here, I’ll refresh your memory…

Diary free chocolate cupcakes with Tofutti Ice cream, a strawberry, and dairy free strawberry cream cheese frosting:

And as a variation, making it dairy-filled by adding a layer of ganache into the mix:

Then there were the Coconut cupcakes with Margarita sorbet:

And the variation of using raspberry frozen yogurt instead:

I entered these cupcakes into the Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup, hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. They’ve posted all of the entries (here and here) and wow there are some great looking ice cream cupcakes over there. Be sure to check them all out and to vote for the Reader’s Choice award. Note that if you decide to vote for one of my creations, you can only vote for the Dairy Free cupcakes or the Coconut/Margarita cupcakes. Since the others were just variations, they’re aren’t being entered into the voting pool.

11 Responses to “Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars”

stephchows — October 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm

mmm they look so super moist!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Yum! Those look really good! I’ve never tried white chocolate with pumpkin.

nutmegnanny — October 28, 2009 at 1:41 am

Wow white chocolate and pumpkin! What a delicious combination…yum!

Erin — October 28, 2009 at 2:02 am

I made those last year, and MAN OH MAN aren’t they good!

Sweet and Savory — October 28, 2009 at 4:01 am

I have in the oven, a chocolate-pumpkin streusel brownie. Now, I want to make this too.

You have great recipes. Thanks.

The Novice Chef — October 28, 2009 at 4:03 am

These look delicious! And I totally do not blame you for having a couple before taking them to give away!

bridget {bake at 350} — October 31, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I love that you ate 2 while you were cutting them! 🙂 That sounds familiar!

They look wonderful!

Tessa — October 31, 2009 at 5:33 pm

These are the same bars I made, but I added cinnamon chips per recommendation from Maria at Two Peas in their Pod. They were great! Glad to see they turned out well for you too!

Ingrid — November 2, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I totally agree I’m not crazy about chocolate and pumpking together. Another great flavor with pumpkin (in my opinion) is gingerbread.

I’m definitely adding this to my list of pumpkin recipes that will be baked from here until the kiddos say no more! 🙂
    ~ingrid

Jade — November 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I love making bars. These look amazing. I will definety try these soon!

Jessica — October 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I made these last night to take tailgating at a college football game tonight and they are SO yummy! I used semisweet chips instead of white chocolate, but I bet they’d be good either way! I’m Really glad you warned that the mixture might look like it curdled after adding in the pumpkin, because I think it would have freaked me out and I would have thought I did something wrong!