Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup

Remember the ice cream cupcakes I made? Here, I’ll refresh your memory…

Diary free chocolate cupcakes with Tofutti Ice cream, a strawberry, and dairy free strawberry cream cheese frosting:

And as a variation, making it dairy-filled by adding a layer of ganache into the mix:

Then there were the Coconut cupcakes with Margarita sorbet:

And the variation of using raspberry frozen yogurt instead:

I entered these cupcakes into the Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup, hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. They’ve posted all of the entries (here and here) and wow there are some great looking ice cream cupcakes over there. Be sure to check them all out and to vote for the Reader’s Choice award. Note that if you decide to vote for one of my creations, you can only vote for the Dairy Free cupcakes or the Coconut/Margarita cupcakes. Since the others were just variations, they’re aren’t being entered into the voting pool.

6 Responses to “Two pies in One pie pan Experiment Results”

Katie — November 14, 2008 at 4:27 pm

YUMMY!! That’s so cool you made both at once!! I’m soooo going to have to try this! If the pears and the cranberries were very ripe there should be no problem. Ours was almost too sweet! lol! Maybe the cranberries or pears were still not fully ripe? That’s my only guess. But you can always add more sugar if you like a sweet pie. So cool!

Jen — November 14, 2008 at 4:30 pm

I did sprinkle some sugar on top, but I didn’t measure. I probably didn’t have enough… Like I said the pear bites were amazing, but when you got a bite of cranberry you made that sour face. I just bought cranberries that come in a bag. I didn’t know they could ripen? Is that the right thing to use?

ttfn300 — November 15, 2008 at 4:51 pm

love the fact there’s two-in-one 🙂 they both look lovely!

Loan — November 15, 2008 at 5:08 pm

I am hitting up a Farmer’s Market near L.A. Sunday…I think I am going to pick up ingredients to make both pies and take them to a get-together that I am attending Monday! I’ll tell you how it goes! THANKS for the inspiration!

Jen — November 15, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Let me know if you want the recipe Loan.

Marie K. — October 9, 2014 at 7:06 am

Hello Jen,

Just discovered your site, it’s awesome! The squash pie sounds wonderful, do you think I could have the recipe Jen. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
    Marie