Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup

Remember the ice cream cupcakes I made? Here, I’ll refresh your memory…

Diary free chocolate cupcakes with Tofutti Ice cream, a strawberry, and dairy free strawberry cream cheese frosting:

And as a variation, making it dairy-filled by adding a layer of ganache into the mix:

Then there were the Coconut cupcakes with Margarita sorbet:

And the variation of using raspberry frozen yogurt instead:

I entered these cupcakes into the Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup, hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. They’ve posted all of the entries (here and here) and wow there are some great looking ice cream cupcakes over there. Be sure to check them all out and to vote for the Reader’s Choice award. Note that if you decide to vote for one of my creations, you can only vote for the Dairy Free cupcakes or the Coconut/Margarita cupcakes. Since the others were just variations, they’re aren’t being entered into the voting pool.

6 Responses to “Vanilla Buttercream”

Julie — April 12, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Just beautiful! Buttercream sings to my soul. Or possibly my thighs, but either way, yum!

Heidi — April 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I love a good vanilla frosting. What I find odd though, there is only 2.5 cups powdered sugar along with 2.5 sticks of butter. Wow, that is not much powdered sugar. I would be adding like 5 or 6 cups sugar with enough milk or cream to moisten. But hey, you said this was a terrific icing and it looks damn good so I shall try it. Thanks for the white cake recipe too! Good combo: white cake/white icing.

Kelly — April 13, 2010 at 12:50 am

Frosting is the best part of cupcakes and cake so I definitely think it deserves its own post 🙂

Memória — April 13, 2010 at 3:23 am

This frosting looks yummy. I don’t know how I miss this.

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I agree Heidi, it does seem like a small amount of sugar to butter. But it’s quite tasty. Let me know if you try it.

Sarah — April 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for all of the go-to recipes! I can’t tell you how many variations of these things I must have bookmarked because I don’t know which is best, but now I can delete all of those! These allow those of us who aren’t really good at testing things to know that we have a good homemade basic. So much less stress!