Chocolate chip cookie bars

I’ve been in a big cookie bar mood lately. They’re just so much easier than making cookies. No need to portion dough, bake, wait, and repeat it all over and over. You just throw all the dough into a pan and 15 minutes later you’re all set. In fact, growing up I almost preferred chocolate chip cookie bars over cookies.

These bars have a good amount of chocolate chips in them, which is awesome.

Chocolate Chip Bars – from My Baking Adventures, originally from Cookie Madness
8 oz regular salted butter (2 sticks) – I used unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) – I added the salt
2 (12 oz) packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans (optional) – I omitted the pecans

Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla.. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh