Chocolate chip cookie bars

I’ve been in a big cookie bar mood lately. They’re just so much easier than making cookies. No need to portion dough, bake, wait, and repeat it all over and over. You just throw all the dough into a pan and 15 minutes later you’re all set. In fact, growing up I almost preferred chocolate chip cookie bars over cookies.

These bars have a good amount of chocolate chips in them, which is awesome.

Chocolate Chip Bars – from My Baking Adventures, originally from Cookie Madness
8 oz regular salted butter (2 sticks) – I used unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) – I added the salt
2 (12 oz) packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans (optional) – I omitted the pecans

Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla.. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

7 Responses to “Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Jenn @ BentoForKidlet — January 13, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Those look amazing! Pretzels and chocolate are a delicious combo! Thanks for the recipe!

Vanessa — January 13, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I love it! Everyone IS thinking about health and I can’t stop thinking about cake! 😉
    These look yummy!

stephchows — January 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

mmm I bet those add a nice crunch! sounds great!

Sunshine — January 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Oh man oh man oh man! I love this combo! My local frozen custard place makes a sweet n’ salty combo just like it. Now I’m gonna have to make the cookies for when I can’t get my custard fix.

Mrs. Alex P — January 26, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I made these last week after reading your post; they were awesome!

teresacooks — February 4, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I just made these, and they’re So good! I posted about it at http://www.teresacooks.com
    I’ve got my eye on the cookie dough brownies next, I like your style!

Kristi — October 13, 2010 at 1:13 am

I made these tonight, they taste really good. I didn’t follow your exact recipe. I only used about 1 1/4 c pretzels. I wish I had used more. My only issue is that the pretzels didn’t stay crispy. I really enjoy your blog.