Checking more things off my list

January turned out to be a fairly productive month for me. I completed a few things off my list and started a few more.

We finally started our kitchen remodel. I will be posting pics and updates on here at some point as well. I actually did make creme brulee. Two different ways. The blog post is started but just not completed… I sent a birthday card to a good friend who I miss a ton.

I am also marking off learn to ski. I didn’t actually learn to ski, but I did learn to snowboard so I’m counting that. I gave it an honest effort, but it just wasn’t my thing. Hubby absolutely loved it and is going to make it his new winter hobby.

One thing I didn’t do was read a book. Well I read Beedle the Bard, but I’m not counting that. It was only ~100 pages or something. I started Wicked which I’ve been meaning to read for a while. I’m about 2/3 done with it. My plan is to read 2 books in February to make up for it.

And the big accomplishment for January was not eating french fries for a month! It was hard but I did it! I even went to Publick House and sat with two people who had fries on their plates! Now I’m thinking I’m going to give something different up every month in an effort to eat healthier. Still haven’t picked anything for February yet… I’m open to suggestions.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it – started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three) – started
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five) – started

6 Responses to “Four Month Update – 30 by 30”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Talking about 30 by 30 was so inspirational today! It was great seeing you and I hope we can hang out again soon!

Gina — October 17, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Great progress! I am 25 and should start thinking about making a list like this. You should definitely plan the Boston blogger event soon – I’d love to meet you! Are you attending Blogtoberfest this week?

Megan — October 17, 2010 at 11:55 pm

You are making great progress!

About those molten lava cakes… do you have The Modern Baker? It’s the only recipe I’ve found for them that actually worked. If you want it, let me know.

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 18, 2010 at 12:23 am

Good for you! Look at all the progress you made! Can I get in on some of these? Like maybe the volunteer project, the girl’s night, definitely the Boston blogger event and the donuts? 🙂

theblogisthenewblack — October 18, 2010 at 1:04 am

Just wanted to stop by to say I love your blog! I don’t get to comment often but I’m a Bostonian as well as a cupcake LOVER so we have a lot in common! 🙂

Rachel Cannon Humiston — October 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I really, really love this idea! It seems like you are making great progress. I’m inspired to create a list like this of my own!