Checking more things off my list

January turned out to be a fairly productive month for me. I completed a few things off my list and started a few more.

We finally started our kitchen remodel. I will be posting pics and updates on here at some point as well. I actually did make creme brulee. Two different ways. The blog post is started but just not completed… I sent a birthday card to a good friend who I miss a ton.

I am also marking off learn to ski. I didn’t actually learn to ski, but I did learn to snowboard so I’m counting that. I gave it an honest effort, but it just wasn’t my thing. Hubby absolutely loved it and is going to make it his new winter hobby.

One thing I didn’t do was read a book. Well I read Beedle the Bard, but I’m not counting that. It was only ~100 pages or something. I started Wicked which I’ve been meaning to read for a while. I’m about 2/3 done with it. My plan is to read 2 books in February to make up for it.

And the big accomplishment for January was not eating french fries for a month! It was hard but I did it! I even went to Publick House and sat with two people who had fries on their plates! Now I’m thinking I’m going to give something different up every month in an effort to eat healthier. Still haven’t picked anything for February yet… I’m open to suggestions.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it – started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three) – started
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five) – started

5 Responses to “My List with One Month to Go”

Ingrid — May 17, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I love list and the satisfaction I get from drawing a line through an item on it! Sometimes I’ll add an item that I’ve accomplished that was on it just to mark through it! I’m weird like that! 🙂

Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment! You’ve got some great stuff here. I still want to try the chocolate dipped meringues. Oh, and your right the must try list….out of CONTROL! 🙂
    ~ingrid

Ingrid — May 17, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Oops, I meant lists and added an item that WASN’T on the list! I’m a dork! I need to proof read before I hit publish!
    ~ingrid

Jen — May 17, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I have to admit that I do the same thing about adding things to the list that I’ve already done just so I can then cross it off. Hubby jokes that I should always start my lists with “write this list” just so I can immediately mark something off.

Mermaid Sweets — May 19, 2009 at 10:29 pm

I love your list, I need to read my D40 manual as well.

Michael — June 4, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Jen, you now have less than 2 weeks till your birthday.
    At work yesterday, our VP suggested we need to delegate more, and if we delegate things, the unimportant things will fall off the table.
    Trying to help. Delegate your reading to Lnz. She loves to read and gets bored when she reads a book for the 3rd or 4th time. Give her a book to read for you and then have her explain the book…you would accomplish multiple things at once, keep Lnz from getting bored, spend quality time listening to her, and accomplish something on your list by delegating.

good luck,