12 Days of Cookies – Fudge

I know that fudge isn’t a cookie, but, it is a holiday treat, so I’m counting it towards my 12 Days of Cookies (plus I’m starting to panic about getting 12 cookies made by the end of the year).

I’ve never made fudge before and let me tell you, this was literally the easiest recipe ever. A well trained monkey could make this stuff. Heck, even a barely trained monkey could make this. I used the defrost setting on my microwave because I always do when melting chocolate in it. I also stirred it after each minute. I read the reviews on Allrecipes and decided to use some milk and some semi-sweet chips. Use the best chocolate you can find for this. I used Ghirardelli chips. The flavor turned out very good. Hubby doesn’t like nuts in his fudge, so I opted for just plain chocolate fudge.

Fudge – from Allrecipes.com – makes about 36 pieces
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.

Pour into well-greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

My 12 Days of Cookies:
Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate

14 Responses to “Peppermint Patty Cookies”

Funandfearlessinbeantown — February 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love frozen Thin Mints so I totally get why these are good frozen! Looks fantastic!

Megan — February 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Ooh… I love the sound of these. If I don’t end up making them soon, I definitely will keep them in mind for Christmas cookies!

Evan — February 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Just when I thought there wasn’t another way to enjoy a peppermint patty, you post this. Love it! They’re definitely one of my favorite candies.

Kathy Day — February 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I MADE HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT PATTIES WHEN I WAS LITTLE, THEY WERE A CHRISTMAS TRADITION! I REFUSE TO DO IT ANYMORE THOUGH, THE PATTIES ALWAYS FELL APART ON ME WHEN I DIPPED THEM.

THESE COOKIES LOOK DELICIOUS. I WOULD TOTALLY BE ON BOARD WITH THAT 😀

Amy (SingForYourSupper) — February 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Oh YUMMY! I must make these ASAP!

Jennifer — February 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm

These sound AWESOME! I love peppermint patty’s.

Hezzi-D — February 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Oh yum! Peppermint Patties are my mom’s absolute favorite! I am totally making these next time I go hojme-they even look like giant patties!

Just My Delicious — February 3, 2011 at 9:16 pm

these cookies looks so tasty! I`d like to have some in front of me 🙂

Blog is the New BLack — February 3, 2011 at 10:23 pm

THese look AMAZING! My bf would totally love these! 🙂

Bertha — February 4, 2011 at 12:05 am

I just wanted to say that I’ve been a silent reader for a long time and you are my go to source whenever I need an impressive dessert for a party or just when I’m craving something sweet. Every single recipe has turned out amazing! Thank you!

Amanda L. — February 4, 2011 at 1:55 am

These look great! My high school vice principal loved peppermint patties! heh

Cara — February 4, 2011 at 3:48 am

mmm what else is in that freezer of yours? I want to come raid it!

Peabody — February 4, 2011 at 8:11 am

I want! Oh my!

Sheila C. — December 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I visited my cousin today and she had made these cookies. She shared them with us and they were the bomb! Be careful because they are highly addictive! Rich but yummy! I will be making them.