12 Days of Cookies – Fudge

I know that fudge isn’t a cookie, but, it is a holiday treat, so I’m counting it towards my 12 Days of Cookies (plus I’m starting to panic about getting 12 cookies made by the end of the year).

I’ve never made fudge before and let me tell you, this was literally the easiest recipe ever. A well trained monkey could make this stuff. Heck, even a barely trained monkey could make this. I used the defrost setting on my microwave because I always do when melting chocolate in it. I also stirred it after each minute. I read the reviews on Allrecipes and decided to use some milk and some semi-sweet chips. Use the best chocolate you can find for this. I used Ghirardelli chips. The flavor turned out very good. Hubby doesn’t like nuts in his fudge, so I opted for just plain chocolate fudge.

Fudge – from Allrecipes.com – makes about 36 pieces
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.

Pour into well-greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

My 12 Days of Cookies:
Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate

18 Responses to “Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream”

steph@stephsbitebybite — June 24, 2013 at 7:36 am

Oh my word!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 24, 2013 at 7:58 am

Pass me a spoon! This sounds amazing, Jen!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — June 24, 2013 at 8:23 am

I need this ice cream right now!

Sues — June 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

I absolutely love cookie dough ice cream and this looks like a fabulous one! I love your bowls, too 🙂

• beantownbaker — June 24th, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

Thanks! They’re from Pier 1.

Katie B. — June 24, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Wow… I’m not a cookie dough ice cream fan for the same reason, but this is amazing. How much do you think the coconut milk plays in the flavor?

• beantownbaker — June 24th, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

I personally don’t find coconut milk very coconuty. I know some people do. I think you could use the cow’s milk varieties in the recipe and it would taste similar. I just have to use the coconut milk since i can’t eat cow’s milk.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 27, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love this! Ice cream has to be my favorite dessert, this looks amazing 🙂

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — June 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I made this recipe from Tracey a couple of weeks ago too (I haven’t post about it yet) – so good!!!

• beantownbaker — June 27th, 2013 @ 9:11 pm

Isn’t it? It’s definitely one of my favorite ice cream recipes to date!

Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com — June 28, 2013 at 2:08 am

This sounds delicious! I’m with you–regular cookie dough ice cream is a snooze. (Unless I’m sharing a pint with someone who doesn’t mind if I go through and pick out all the goodies–but let’s be real–everyone minds!) I’ll have to try this variation–it sounds like the perfect solution!

• beantownbaker — June 28th, 2013 @ 7:17 am

I agree completely – everyone does mind!

Parrish (Life With The Crust Cut Off) — July 1, 2013 at 10:58 am

This looks amazing!!! We would love it if you would link up at our We Scream For Ice Cream linky party/giveaway:
    Live the whole month of July.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

• beantownbaker — July 3rd, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

Thanks for the link!

Melissa — July 6, 2013 at 6:45 am

Cookie dough ice cream is my favorite and this recipe makes me want to buy an ice cream maker immediately! Which kind do you recommend?

• beantownbaker — July 6th, 2013 @ 11:09 am

I have the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. If you don’t have a Kitchenaid mixer, I’ve heard good things about the Cuisinart ice cream maker.

Kristen — March 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I’ve never made cookie dough ice cream but am wanting to try this one. Is there a way to substitute the egg yolks or leave it out?

Thanks!

• beantownbaker — April 16th, 2014 @ 6:00 pm

I would assume you could find a Philadelphia style ice cream recipe to use as the base with some brown sugar in it to give it more of a cookie dough taste. I wouldn’t recommend just leaving them out of this specific recipe though.