12 Days of Cookies – Fudge

I know that fudge isn’t a cookie, but, it is a holiday treat, so I’m counting it towards my 12 Days of Cookies (plus I’m starting to panic about getting 12 cookies made by the end of the year).

I’ve never made fudge before and let me tell you, this was literally the easiest recipe ever. A well trained monkey could make this stuff. Heck, even a barely trained monkey could make this. I used the defrost setting on my microwave because I always do when melting chocolate in it. I also stirred it after each minute. I read the reviews on Allrecipes and decided to use some milk and some semi-sweet chips. Use the best chocolate you can find for this. I used Ghirardelli chips. The flavor turned out very good. Hubby doesn’t like nuts in his fudge, so I opted for just plain chocolate fudge.

Fudge – from Allrecipes.com – makes about 36 pieces
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.

Pour into well-greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

My 12 Days of Cookies:
Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate

11 Responses to “Oreo Pretzel Fudge”

Sara — May 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm

A week of Oreo recipes!? Oh my goodness. This fudge looks awesome. I love sweet things that include pretzels. Sweet/salty is so delish.

Kerstin — May 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I’m excited for a week of Oreos! The combo of pretzels and Oreos in your fudge sounds amazing!!

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" — May 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Oh yum! We love Oreos too! I have an Oreo cake recipe on my blog (foudn at another) that I did for Mr.s Birthday one year. It’s oen of my top searched posts. =)

Memória — May 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love Oreos, too, but I rarely buy them unless it is for a recipe. This looks fantastic. I don’t like pretzels very much, but I guess the other ingredients mask the taste of pretzels that I don’t like. Thanks for this recipe!

yumventures — May 11, 2010 at 12:01 am

I was just casually reading the beginning of this post, and then I scrolled down and saw the picture…OooooooMG! AMAZING! That looks like the most fantastic thing! Plus I love a salty/sweet combo, so this is right up my alley 🙂

Megan — May 11, 2010 at 12:29 am

This looks amazing! I like your idea of adding more salt. Did you see that there are pretzel M&Ms now? I bet it would be fun to sprinkle some of those on top!

Cara — May 11, 2010 at 12:50 am

Those sound amazing! I love a sweet and salty combo too… in fact I may or may not have kept picking at these ginormous chocolate and caramel covered pretzels on the dessert table at our family Mothers Day bbq yesterday. yum!

Lauren — May 31, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I will absolutely be checking back for the rest of the oreo recipes… I’m a huge fan 🙂

This fudge looks and sounds phenomenal. Salty, sweet, rich, chocolaty, creamy, crunchy. I want!

tersa — June 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

More salt? That recipe seems like a perfect candidate for using sea salt! 🙂

Sean — June 3, 2010 at 6:54 pm

hey I just tried your recipe and and the bottom layer never set. Is there something I can do to prevent that?

Kris — June 11, 2010 at 1:53 am

My Husband shared a tasty post from The Kitchn with me on google reader and i discovered your blog. I spent all of vacation mornings going back and reading and tagging your recipe ideas. I am so inspired and can’t wait to get in the kitchen!!! My Husband can’t wait either!!