12 Days of Cookies – Chocolate Chip Snowballs

This cookies were one of my favorite holiday cookies growing up. I’ve never made them on my own until this year. I’m getting a little cookie-d out *gasp* so I made a 1/2 batch of these. I got exactly 2 dozen cookies using my cookie scoop to portion the dough out. Also, note that this dough is very dry and crumbly. You have to work it with your hands when you make the balls of dough.

These are somewhat messy to eat. It’s almost a guarantee that you’re going to get powdered sugar on yourself. Definitely on your hands and possible splattered down your shirt. But they’re definitely worth the mess. I used 1/2 mini-chips and 1/2 dark chips because I was trying to use up some bags of chips I had in the pantry.

Chocolate Chip Snowballs – recipe came from my mom, but there are tons out there just like it – makes 4 dozen
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chopped nuts – I used walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips – I used 1/2 mini chips and 1/2 dark chocolate chips
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350.

Sift flour and salt together. set aside.

Cream sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add egg. Stir in flour, nuts, and chocolate chips.

Shape into 1″ balls. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15-20 min. Cool and roll in powdered sugar (I like to put powdered sugar in a big ziplock bag and throw a couple cookies in at a time. Close the bag and shake to coat the cookies. Shake cookies or tap against counter to release any extra powdered sugar).

My 12 Days of Cookies:
Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate
Day 4: Fudge
Day 5: Cranberry Orange Cookies

10 Responses to “Double Fudge Brownies”

Mandy — October 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE brownies!!! Will definitely try out this recipe… soon.

(Just can’t let my husband know, who is a personal trainer, lol!)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm

These were seriously the best brownies ever! I can’t wait to re-use this recipe!

Sheila — October 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Those look outrageously delicious!!!

Courtney — October 1, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I love me a good brownie – but can you believe that I haven’t actually made homemade brownies. I really must change that!!

Evan B — October 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Who doesn’t love brownies?! I don’t know if I could wait a whole night and not devour these immediately out of the oven!

nutmegnanny — October 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Yum! I love brownies! I’m thinking I actually might make some right now 🙂

Megan — October 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

You have way more willpower than I do. I rarely let brownies cool. I love when they’re warm and gooey… and yes, then throw some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream on top!

I was good, and I let my KAF brownies rest overnight though.

THE OLD GEEZER — October 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

HAHA, I totally cracked up at this post for two reasons: I love that you used the expression “Get outta town!” and that you posted the pic of our brownies that were, the best brownies ever. See? We just knew..

Great post, as always!