I smell Thursday

For smelly Thursday, I had a really hard time not going super literal. The first things that comes to mind when you think of the sense of scent are flowers and food. I went with it because my creative juices are apparently spent tonight.

This is Nate’s boutonniere from the wedding on Saturday. I love orchids and this one is beautiful. It almost looks fake, but it’s not.

Funny story about when I met hubby… I actually didn’t know how to cook. There are many things I had never tasted let alone cooked (including avocado, lobster, mussels, squash, beets the list really goes on and on). Garlic is not something I ever learned to cook with until I met him. He uses it in everything and now I do too. In fact, we usually double the amount in a recipe because we love it so much.

Check out the other photo week participants’ smelly pictures:
Scott
Steph
Beth
Amy
Sue
Clara

8 Responses to “My Top 10 List!”

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

How awesome that you were on Leno! Are we allowed to ask what you were on for? I love your list and am raising two hands to vote for the Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake. I made it last fall (http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2008/10/11/brownie-mosaic-cheesecake/) and it is simply to die for. You won’t be sorry!!

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Um yeah, totally meant Letterman. ::slaps forehead:: I’m sleepy 😉

annieseats — July 1, 2009 at 1:47 am

What a cool blog event! I wish I had known about it before today, so I could participate. Is it a monthly thing? If so, I’m definitely in next time!

Jen — July 1, 2009 at 3:13 am

Michelle – I was the co-captain of a Rube Goldberg team (think of the game mouse trap but on a HUGE scale) in college. In 2003, Purdue won the national competition and they got us on the Letterman show. I was the “spokesperson” for the team and we had our machine on stage. It was an awesome experience. I’ve been trying to find pictures, but that was pre-digital camera for me so I can’t find any…

Annie – I believe it is a monthly event. I think she started it in May…

Ali — July 8, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for the link to my site! I hope you try out the Chocolate Goat Cheese Truffles if you are a goat cheese fan. They were so delish.

Sweetie — July 9, 2009 at 11:44 am

yay for the best bookmarks ever! we have similar taste i guess bc i got some great ideas from this post and i’ve done some on your list. two quick notes on these bookmarks:

1) do the bagels at smitten kitchen. the cinna. raisin rock and it’s so rewarding to spend that much time and yield awesome results. i’m a new baker and it wasn’t very hard to do. definitely add the maple syrup or molasses to the water when you boil the bagels. dole makes plump raisins and they rock.
    2) billy’s cupcakes will be your answer to vanilla cupcakes forever! i had issues with overflow so i’d reduce the baking powder from 3t (=1T) to 2.5 tsp.

Jen — July 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Thanks for the tips Sweetie

McWalker — July 12, 2009 at 9:08 pm

OMG thanks for the shout-out!!! 🙂 where the HECK have i been!?? i’ve seen your facebook status updates and i never realized they were from YOUR blog!!! they are awesome! i’m SO proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk soon!!! love, WALKER
    ps: i have some pics, i’ll get them scanned. 🙂