Macro Tuesday

Today is Macro Tuesday. The macro setting is usually used to take pictures of insects, flowers and other objects close up.

My camera uses the flash when it’s in Macro mode even when there is ample natural light. To fix that “problem” I just held the flash down when taking these photos.

Does anyone know what these are? There were 2 trees filled with these little guys at the park by our place.

I saw these flowers on the way home. There was actually a bee buzzing around but by the time I get my lens changed on my camera, he was gone.

This is the chess/checkers table at the playground near our place. I love that we have so many parks in our neighborhood!

8 Responses to “Great American Taste Test – KFC biscuits”

Stephanie Wagner — September 15, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Looks like these turned out great! I’m surprised they didn’t call for brushing some egg on top of the biscuits before cooking, that might get that top a little crispier…I totally want to make some of these Saturday morning.

Katy ~ — September 16, 2009 at 8:26 am

These look very good to me. I have a favorite biscuit recipe, but want to give these a try because of the buttermilk.

Have been following your blog for a while. Nice blog!

Jen — September 16, 2009 at 11:50 am

I agree Steph. Or maybe just melted butter to give it the color.

tom — September 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm

If you want to compare even more recipes from many of the popular sites, take a look at RecipeComparison.com. Just search for “buttermilk biscuits” and you’ll see all the ingredients nicely laid out in a table with a link to jump directly to each recipe.

Food Lady — March 14, 2013 at 2:07 am

I worked at a KFC in the mid-90s. I had privy to the ingredients lists and methods. The biscuits came frozen and had egg in the dough. We brushed the tops after baking with butter-flavored oil that is commonly used in the restaurant industry. I remember thinking that the egg was unusual; I hadn’t seen many biscuit recipes calling for egg, and I have been baking since I was 8.

Dawn — April 11, 2013 at 2:00 pm

kfc.com does not list eggs in their food allergy listing for the biscuits, just an fyi

Michelle — April 14, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I, too, worked at a KFC when I was a teenager. The biscuits were not frozen. It was a bag mix and we mixed it with a large tub of shortening. Then mixed, rolled, cut and baked. We topped with a “liquid butter” substance fresh from the oven. They may make them frozen now, but they didn’t in the early 90’s.

Michelle — April 14, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Oh, and there are NO eggs in the mix. Otherwise, it would be a cake, not a biscuit. That is common baking “science”.