Master Baker – Cinnamon!

I haven’t been baking or blogging much this month. Life in Boston has been cold and wet and work has been keeping me really busy. I have made over 5 dozen of these chocolate cupcakes that are AWESOME and so easy to make. We had friends in town, I had the flu one weekend and I attended a Vegan Cupcake baking class one weekend. So like I said, it’s been a busy month.

I wanted to participate in the first ever Master Baker blogging event. The rules are simple – bake something with the ingredient specified. I was in the mood for some cookies and these guys really hit the spot. They made the house smell delicious. I enjoyed a couple crumbled over ice cream and some warm homemade applesauce. YUM.

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used Egg Beaters since we didn’t have any eggs. I used my cookie scoop and got 36 cookies and they took the entire 12 minutes to bake. The dough looked like cinnamon ice cream. I wanted to eat it all without cooking it…

Cinnamon Cookies – recipe from Allrecipes.com – makes 36
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

Cream together butter and sugar.

Mix in egg and molasses, blending well.

Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.

(I chilled the dough for about 15 minutes in the fridge) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

11 Responses to “Butterscotch, Coconut, and Toffee Cookies”

sephora coupons in store print — February 11, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first
    comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and
    say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.

Do you have any points for beginner blog writers?
    I’d really appreciate it.

Ellen — February 11, 2014 at 10:46 pm

They sound awesome! Everything I like–hubby has good taste! You might want to edit–it says chocolate chips and I assume you mean butterscotch chips. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks a lot.

• beantownbaker — February 12th, 2014 @ 12:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I have fixed the typo.

chelsea @ serves two — February 11, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I must admit that in reading this post I turned to my fiance and asked him what his favorite kind of cookie was (we’ve been together 5 1/2 years). His response: peanut butter chocolate chip. You learn something new every day 🙂

I too love butterscotch (and coconut and toffee for that matter!) but it is such an overlooked flavor!

• beantownbaker — February 12th, 2014 @ 12:46 pm

Isn’t that funny?!? Crazy how you can be with someone so long and still be surprised by them!

Judy Dougherty — February 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

In the recipe you, you say to add chocolate chips(?) and there is no reference to when you add the toffee or the coconut…

• beantownbaker — February 12th, 2014 @ 12:45 pm

They go in with the butterscotch chips. I have updated the recipe to reflect this. Sorry about the typo.

Liz — February 12, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for the nice recipe.

Shannon — February 22, 2014 at 1:53 pm

kind of amazing/awesome that there’s still more to discover about him after all these years! 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — February 23, 2014 at 10:23 am

Wow, what a combination! These cookies sound heavenly 🙂

vanillasugarblog — February 25, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Yes yes yes! Butterscotch and coconut together! It works it does.