Roasted Banana Soft Serve

I would rename this stuff Banana Bread Batter Soft Serve. Because that’s exactly what it tastes like. Its pretty amazing and so good for you!

If you read any healthy food blogs, I’m sure you’ve seen this recipe. I love that this version roasts the bananas prior to freezing then whizzing them in the food processor. I always seem to have over ripe bananas in my freezer, so I’m definitely going to be making this again.

I topped mine with some chopped pecans to give it some texture, which I enjoyed. Of course, I also enjoyed it without the pecans. I love how dark it got because of the caramelized bananas. It almost looks like peanut butter!

One Year Ago: Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake

Print Save

Roasted Banana Soft Serve

Yield: 1-2

Ingredients:

3 very ripe large bananas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

Peel the bananas and cut into 1-inch pieces. Arrange banana pieces on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.

Remove baking sheet from the oven and allow the roasted bananas to cool completely.

Place cooled roasted banana pieces on a parchment paper-lined plate and freeze until solid. Transfer frozen roasted bananas to a freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag for future use OR proceed to the next step.

When ready to transform the frozen roasted bananas into soft serve, remove the bananas from the freezer and place in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process or blend until the roasted frozen bananas take on a creamy & smooth consistency.

Eat immediately!

Recipe as seen on Healthy Food For Living - serves 1-2
Printable Recipe

Don’t forget about Bloggers Bake for Hope – Bloggers Bake. You Bid. 100% of proceeds go to Komen for a Cure. Register to bake by April 30th, come back for bidding May 4-6.

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.