Roasted Banana Soft Serve

I would rename this stuff Banana Bread Batter Soft Serve. Because that’s exactly what it tastes like. Its pretty amazing and so good for you!

If you read any healthy food blogs, I’m sure you’ve seen this recipe. I love that this version roasts the bananas prior to freezing then whizzing them in the food processor. I always seem to have over ripe bananas in my freezer, so I’m definitely going to be making this again.

I topped mine with some chopped pecans to give it some texture, which I enjoyed. Of course, I also enjoyed it without the pecans. I love how dark it got because of the caramelized bananas. It almost looks like peanut butter!

One Year Ago: Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake

Print Save

Roasted Banana Soft Serve

Yield: 1-2

Ingredients:

3 very ripe large bananas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

Peel the bananas and cut into 1-inch pieces. Arrange banana pieces on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.

Remove baking sheet from the oven and allow the roasted bananas to cool completely.

Place cooled roasted banana pieces on a parchment paper-lined plate and freeze until solid. Transfer frozen roasted bananas to a freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag for future use OR proceed to the next step.

When ready to transform the frozen roasted bananas into soft serve, remove the bananas from the freezer and place in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process or blend until the roasted frozen bananas take on a creamy & smooth consistency.

Eat immediately!

Recipe as seen on Healthy Food For Living - serves 1-2
Printable Recipe

Don’t forget about Bloggers Bake for Hope – Bloggers Bake. You Bid. 100% of proceeds go to Komen for a Cure. Register to bake by April 30th, come back for bidding May 4-6.

16 Responses to “Strawberry Champagne Layer Cake”

Sabina — December 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm

it looks delicious!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — December 21, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Beautiful cake! I can’t get over the ending either, too soon!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 10:56 am

Right! It happens every year, but I feel like this year flew by especially quickly.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — December 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Wow – super gorgeous!! I’m so glad you love this cake as much as I do! Happy Christmas and almost New Years, doll!!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 10:58 am

Happy Holidays to you too!

Nutmeg Nanny — December 23, 2013 at 10:13 pm

This cake looks so beautiful and I bet it tastes divine 🙂 can’t wait to try it!

Shannon — December 27, 2013 at 3:11 pm

definitely perfect for new years! i can’t believe this year is almost over, either- crazy!

Jennifer Essad — December 30, 2013 at 3:12 pm

this is perfect for our holiday-the Florida strawberries have been so sweet – thank you

• beantownbaker — January 2nd, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

I wish I lived somewhere where the strawberry season was longer than a few weeks…

Jennifer Essad — December 30, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I was just thinking, what if we made this w/pink champagne?

• beantownbaker — January 2nd, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

I think it would be great with pink champagne!

Jennifer Essad — January 2, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I know what you mean we grew up and lived in Michigan all our lives. When our kids were little I would take them to the farms to pick blueberries, raspberries and apples. The strawberry season was always short or not at all due to the wet springs we so often had. But we did get farm fresh ones at our local farm market. I now live in Central Florida where I’m learning so much about fresh grown foods. We live a few blocks from Oviedo where DUDA farms are. They are known especially for their celery but so many other fresh veggies. We have a few local farms where you can pick strawberries and blueberries. The gulf coast really has a lot of strawberry farms. On Tuesday our local Publix store had Florida fresh strawberries on sale. I just cleaned them last night (I think my husband took about 1/2 of them to work) We are fortunate, but I still miss Michigan and all the farming communities in our area.

• beantownbaker — January 4th, 2014 @ 10:38 am

Wow – I bet things in FL are very different than Michigan! We can usually get strawberries at the farmers market as well. But again, it’s SUCH a short season. Last year we missed it completely. I’m still adjusting to the different seasonal timing in Ohio vs what it was in Boston. We always make a point to pick strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and apples. Peaches and strawberries are two of my favorite summertime fruits.

sell my car bristol — January 29, 2014 at 1:21 am

Woah, thanks a bunch for sharing!

Jason — April 2, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I made this cake for my girlfriend’s surprise birthday party, and it was freaking delicious. Granted this was my first cake I have ever baked, but there wasn’t enough frosting to cover the whole thing and keep part of the actual cake from showing through. I don’t even like cake, and this was bomb!

Breda Fuller — December 27, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This CAKE IS THE BOMB!!!!, I found this online in 2014. I showed it to my twin sister, I said, I won’t this for our B-Day, but we didn’t have it until September 2015, and again this year. So delicious, my son Loves it as well, we’re making it tomorrow December 28th 2015 for his birthday. Yummmmy!