Roasted Banana Soft Serve

I would rename this stuff Banana Bread Batter Soft Serve. Because that’s exactly what it tastes like. Its pretty amazing and so good for you!

If you read any healthy food blogs, I’m sure you’ve seen this recipe. I love that this version roasts the bananas prior to freezing then whizzing them in the food processor. I always seem to have over ripe bananas in my freezer, so I’m definitely going to be making this again.

I topped mine with some chopped pecans to give it some texture, which I enjoyed. Of course, I also enjoyed it without the pecans. I love how dark it got because of the caramelized bananas. It almost looks like peanut butter!

One Year Ago: Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake

Print Save

Roasted Banana Soft Serve

Yield: 1-2

Ingredients:

3 very ripe large bananas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

Peel the bananas and cut into 1-inch pieces. Arrange banana pieces on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.

Remove baking sheet from the oven and allow the roasted bananas to cool completely.

Place cooled roasted banana pieces on a parchment paper-lined plate and freeze until solid. Transfer frozen roasted bananas to a freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag for future use OR proceed to the next step.

When ready to transform the frozen roasted bananas into soft serve, remove the bananas from the freezer and place in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process or blend until the roasted frozen bananas take on a creamy & smooth consistency.

Eat immediately!

Recipe as seen on Healthy Food For Living - serves 1-2
Printable Recipe

Don’t forget about Bloggers Bake for Hope – Bloggers Bake. You Bid. 100% of proceeds go to Komen for a Cure. Register to bake by April 30th, come back for bidding May 4-6.

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.