Death by chocolate (Oreo Truffles)

OMG these truffles are amazing. I could really eat almost all of these. My heart would probably stop about 1/2 way through the batch, but these guys might be worth it. I made hubby promise not to eat too many when he takes them to work.

You can dip these in any flavor of chocolate that you like. My plan was to do 1/2 in dark and 1/2 in white, but I burnt the white chocolate in the microwave. I did 1/3 in dark chocolate, 1/3 in milk chocolate, and 1/3 using the chocolate/caramel swirl chips. The caramel ones were hubby’s favorite, and I’m always a fan of dark chocolate.

The original recipe for these guys comes from Kraft.com but I found this recipe from Chris of Mele Cotte. Chris recommends using condensed milk instead of cream cheese so that you don’t have to refrigerate the truffles.

Oreo Truffles – made ~100 for me
1 package Oreos
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
melted chocolate of your choice

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.

Crush oreos using a food processor. I put about 12 cookies in at a time.

Add vanilla and milk. Stir until ingredients come together. Work quickly to form the mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Put into refrigerator to chill (for easy dipping).

Melt the chocolate using your favorite method. I like to use the microwave. I also added some vegetable oil to the chocolate to thin it out.

Dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate and put back on cookie sheet.

I put them in mini-cupcake liners so they’re easier to handle. Everyone loved these little guys.

11 Responses to “Oreo Pretzel Fudge”

Sara — May 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm

A week of Oreo recipes!? Oh my goodness. This fudge looks awesome. I love sweet things that include pretzels. Sweet/salty is so delish.

Kerstin — May 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I’m excited for a week of Oreos! The combo of pretzels and Oreos in your fudge sounds amazing!!

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" — May 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Oh yum! We love Oreos too! I have an Oreo cake recipe on my blog (foudn at another) that I did for Mr.s Birthday one year. It’s oen of my top searched posts. =)

Memória — May 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love Oreos, too, but I rarely buy them unless it is for a recipe. This looks fantastic. I don’t like pretzels very much, but I guess the other ingredients mask the taste of pretzels that I don’t like. Thanks for this recipe!

yumventures — May 11, 2010 at 12:01 am

I was just casually reading the beginning of this post, and then I scrolled down and saw the picture…OooooooMG! AMAZING! That looks like the most fantastic thing! Plus I love a salty/sweet combo, so this is right up my alley 🙂

Megan — May 11, 2010 at 12:29 am

This looks amazing! I like your idea of adding more salt. Did you see that there are pretzel M&Ms now? I bet it would be fun to sprinkle some of those on top!

Cara — May 11, 2010 at 12:50 am

Those sound amazing! I love a sweet and salty combo too… in fact I may or may not have kept picking at these ginormous chocolate and caramel covered pretzels on the dessert table at our family Mothers Day bbq yesterday. yum!

Lauren — May 31, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I will absolutely be checking back for the rest of the oreo recipes… I’m a huge fan 🙂

This fudge looks and sounds phenomenal. Salty, sweet, rich, chocolaty, creamy, crunchy. I want!

tersa — June 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

More salt? That recipe seems like a perfect candidate for using sea salt! 🙂

Sean — June 3, 2010 at 6:54 pm

hey I just tried your recipe and and the bottom layer never set. Is there something I can do to prevent that?

Kris — June 11, 2010 at 1:53 am

My Husband shared a tasty post from The Kitchn with me on google reader and i discovered your blog. I spent all of vacation mornings going back and reading and tagging your recipe ideas. I am so inspired and can’t wait to get in the kitchen!!! My Husband can’t wait either!!