Monday Night Football!!

Hubby and I play in a Beirut league on Monday nights. Yes, we play a drinking game in a league on a work night – we’re crazy people! The best part is that we get to watch Monday Night Football which is awesome!

Tonight, the Patriots are playing in the Jungle (Cincinnati). Being Bengals fans living in Boston is tough, and tonight is going to be really tough. We are going fully decked out in our Bengals jerseys and we’ll be obnoxious fans. It’s going to be great.

Anyways, after each week of play, we get Totally Biased Power Rankings. A quote from last week from the power ranking man is: “the best way to get the #1 spot is to make me food” Do you think these cupcakes will get us a first place ranking when the ranking-guy is a huge Pats fan?!? I think we’ve got a great chance of it.

I didn’t have much time to bake since we got back from the Cape at around 8PM last night, so I used the diet coke method. For the orange cupcakes, I used diet orange soda with vanilla cake. For the frosting I mixed cream cheese frosting with 1 pkg sugar free orange jello. Then I put black coloring in it. For the chocolate ones, I used the triple chocolate cake mix (the one that says Hershey’s) and frosted them with vanilla frosting with orange coloring. I topped with various orange and black sprinkles and orange M&Ms.

Since I used the diet coke method: 1 box cake mix + 12 oz diet soda + 1 egg (optional), these are 1 pt mini-cupcakes or 2 pt regular cupcakes (without frosting).

8 Responses to “Stuffed Strawberries”

Joelen — July 31, 2008 at 3:12 pm

These are such an elegant treat especially for guests. I like using a cream cheese filling for them!

Jen — July 31, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yep, that’s how I’ve always seen it, with cream cheese filling. It’s definitely a great way to use up leftover frosting though. I’m sure any cream-cheese based frosting would be delicious.

Gail — August 1, 2008 at 3:44 am

I love the idea of an inside-out chocolate covered strawberry! I will definitely be trying this!

oneordinaryday — March 21, 2009 at 10:49 pm

So pretty. I wonder if nutella would work too.
    Michelle

Chic Cookies — March 22, 2009 at 2:13 am

These are so great! I love the idea (and the party theme is inspired). I posted a link for my edible crafts column to your blog at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com. Hope to bring you a few more clicks! Thanks for sharing, Meaghan

Oakley Rhodes — March 22, 2009 at 3:33 am

Love it! I’m impressed by those that can keep “leftover” frosting around the kitchen – it’s usually eaten up by my housemates before any can be put away.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:35 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm

hey jen,
    i’m thinking of making these for dad’s fourth of july party, along with the strawberry and blueberry cupcakes and of course the layered cookie cake we made last year. i’ll let you know what everyone thinks of them!
    -lindsey