Banana Blueberry Muffins

I try to make muffins every weekend so that we have something healthy to eat for breakfast during the week. This weekend I had some VERY ripe bananas and some leftover blueberries (from when I made the white chocolate-blueberry cupcakes). I found this recipe in my WW recipes and we love it. We both agreed it’s tied with the lemon berry muffins (recipe to come) for #1 for best muffin.

Banana blueberry Muffins – 2 WW pts – from www.prevention.com – serves 12
2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 c brown sugar – I used Splenda brown sugar mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin (I used paper liners)

In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg whites, and vanilla.

Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.

Bake 16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 muffin: 129.6 Calories, 0.5 g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 189.5 mg Sodium, 144.4 mg Potassium, 26.7 g Carbs, 3.1 g Dietary Fiber, 0.7 g Sugar, 4.0 g Protein
WW Pts – 2

Note – I am submitting this in Joelen’s Marvelous Muffins blogging event. Check out the details here.

12 Responses to “Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast”

Rachel — November 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm

this sounds really good-will be trying this!

Kerstin — November 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm

This looks so tasty and easy to make! I need to get a crockpot.

Megan — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I made that recipe last week – and everyone loved it! I only wish I’d gotten pictures…..

oneordinaryday — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This looks wonderful. Bookmarking right now! Thanks!

Ingrid — November 18, 2009 at 3:26 am

Oh, boy this looks wonderful! I love slow cooker recipes like this. What side did you serve with it? Just veggies?
    ~ingrid

Kat — November 18, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Both your cranberry recipes look great. I am hoping Santa brings me a new crockpot for Christmas as my previous one was nuclear. This recipe looks so easy. I am not a pie fan so am thinking the cranberry apple dessert would be nice for hubby and I for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing!

Jen — November 18, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Yep just some steamed veggies.

Kasey — November 23, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I made this over the weekend and it was delicious! Thanks for the posting!

Krystal — November 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I finally made this recipe after having it bookmarked forever. Thanks to Kelsey for reminding me about it – it was soooo good and it definitely hit the spot!!! Thanks Jen!

Amanda Pronko — December 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I make this every year for Christmas dinner 😀 We always go out for a fancy Christmas Eve dinner, and then we have a huge fancy Christmas Breakfast… by the time Christmas dinner comes around we are wiped out and not really in the mood to cook. This recipe is perfect because I can throw it all in the crock pot on Christmas Eve morning and pop in in the fridge. Then on Christmas day I put it on low and put wild rice in the rice cooker. My family always looks forward to it and we just love how delicious it is. I really wanted to let you know that this has been a tradition for us for about 3-4 years!! Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 11:06 am

I love hearing stories like this! Family traditions are so heart warming during the holidays 🙂

Liz — January 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Nice recipe – Thank you. I love slow cooker recipes. Have a Happy Weekend!