Easy Lemon Cookies (2 WW Pts)

This recipe comes from Allrecipes.com. After reading the reviews, it seemed that a lot of people thought they tasted “boxed-cake-mixy” and not very lemony. Since I had some lemons in the fridge and love the taste of lemon, I altered the recipe some in an attempt to make them with a tangy lemon flavor.

The flavor was great, although I undercooked them a bit. I forgot to reduce the temperature of my oven to account for the fact that I was baking them on a dark cookie sheet. All of hubby’s coworkers liked the cookies.

Easy Lemon Cookies – 2 WW pts – makes 2 dozen (Original recipe from Allrecipes.com)

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract – I used juice and zest from 1 lemon
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll them around until they’re lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

I coated the cookies with a mixture of the juice and zest of one lemon mixed with some powdered sugar because I wanted a tangy lemon flavor.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 111.4 Calories, 3.1 g Fat, 17.0 mg Cholesterol, 145.1 mg Sodium, 7.6 mg Potassium, 19.4 g Carbs, 0.0 g Dietary Fiber, 11.2 g Sugar, 1.5 g Protein
WW POINTS = 2

8 Responses to “Deb’s Mom’s Apple Cake”

Megan — January 5, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I made that cake a few months back and it was awesome. It’s a good thing I don’t have any apples or else I’d make another one!

wifeplzak — January 5, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I have wanted to make this one for a while now, I better get on it.

bensbaby116 — January 6, 2009 at 1:43 am

Mmm, I love the smell of apple desserts baking! This looks like a great recipe. Thanks for posting. 🙂
    ~bensbaby116

Mermaid Sweets — January 6, 2009 at 2:01 am

I made this cake on Friday, and it was amazing, even though there were some problems. One, I used a silicone bundt pan because I realized too late I didn’t have a metal one, so I had to cook it forever, and in the end the inside around the cone never really cooked. I just scooped that out and the rest was delicious. Yum. P.s. Love your blog.

Joelen — January 6, 2009 at 5:17 am

Now that is an apple cake! looks delicious!

Sara Therese — January 6, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I can’t wait to try this. We’re going to Brown County this weekend, and this apple cake would be the perfect addition to the trip! Thanks for sharing!

EAT! — January 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Love all those big chunks of apple in the cake. It looks delicious!!

Acuman_dapper — April 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm

You are an amazing writer and you should contact http://www.bizymoms.com/boston/index.php to get your blog featured to their large mom community. I am sure they would love your posts. In their expert page there is a form. http://www.bizymoms.com/boston/experts.php