Double Chocolate Chews – 2 WW Pts

So since I love to bake and I just rejoined WW, I’ve had to find “healthier” baked goods that are WW Friendly. These little guys are awesome. My only problem is that at 1 or 2 points, if I eat 20 of them, that’s still 20 points… I should have made 1/2 a batch because hubby doesn’t like chocolate, so he won’t be helping me eat them!

I put the recipe into the WW recipe builder and it calculated 2 pts for 1 cookie or 3.5 pts for 2 cookies. The original recipe says they’re 1 point, so just double check yourself. My batch only made 33 instead of 4 dozen. If I had gotten 4 dozen, they would have been 1 point…

Double Chocolate Chews – 2 WW Pts (makes 33)
(I stole this recipe from here, original recipe from Cooking Light)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour – I use King Arthurs White Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided – I used full size ones
3 tablespoons vegetable oil – I used unsweetened applesauce
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar – I used 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1 tablespoon water
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg whites
Vegetable cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.

Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.

Drop dough by level tablespoons (I used a cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 81.2 Calories, 1.6g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 47.5 mg Sodium, 0.6 mg Potassium, 14.4 g Carbs, 0.8 g Dietary Fiber, 9.6 g Sugar, 1.3 g Protein
WW POINTS = 2

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂