Double Chocolate Chews – 2 WW Pts

So since I love to bake and I just rejoined WW, I’ve had to find “healthier” baked goods that are WW Friendly. These little guys are awesome. My only problem is that at 1 or 2 points, if I eat 20 of them, that’s still 20 points… I should have made 1/2 a batch because hubby doesn’t like chocolate, so he won’t be helping me eat them!

I put the recipe into the WW recipe builder and it calculated 2 pts for 1 cookie or 3.5 pts for 2 cookies. The original recipe says they’re 1 point, so just double check yourself. My batch only made 33 instead of 4 dozen. If I had gotten 4 dozen, they would have been 1 point…

Double Chocolate Chews – 2 WW Pts (makes 33)
(I stole this recipe from here, original recipe from Cooking Light)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour – I use King Arthurs White Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided – I used full size ones
3 tablespoons vegetable oil – I used unsweetened applesauce
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar – I used 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1 tablespoon water
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg whites
Vegetable cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.

Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.

Drop dough by level tablespoons (I used a cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 81.2 Calories, 1.6g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 47.5 mg Sodium, 0.6 mg Potassium, 14.4 g Carbs, 0.8 g Dietary Fiber, 9.6 g Sugar, 1.3 g Protein
WW POINTS = 2

9 Responses to “I’ll have S’more”

Elly — March 11, 2008 at 2:50 am

These look SO good. I was actually looking for s’mores _____ because I wanted to bake something with chocolate and marshmallows. These may be just the thing!

Michelle — March 11, 2008 at 2:58 am

These are so cute! Now I’m craving real smores!

slush — March 11, 2008 at 3:02 am

So freakin cute, I love them, so would my boys. Just today, Liam was picking up sticks in the yard and asked if he could start a fire so that he could make smores. I kid you not. He is 5. Where do they get these ideas?

Adorable Jen! Thanks so much!

CB — March 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

I lurve smores! Your mini smore cupcakes are so fabulous. Great job!
    -Clara

Jaime — March 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

yum! what a great idea!

bakingblonde — March 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

That idea is brilliant! Smores is one of my favorite all time treats and who doesn’t love a mini muffin? Wow, what a great idea.

kate — March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

WOW. those look completely luscious!
    want some.
    i’m hoping to enter the hero challenge this time, but i can’t quite decide what to make. . .

———–
    kate
    join the cookie carnival!

Erin — March 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

These are so wrong, but so right! That batch would be seriously unsafe in my house. They’d have to be given away immediately or I’d risk eating every last one and never fitting in my pants again.

Sarah — March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

These will be perfect for an upcoming family vacation. We’re not camping, but are renting a house with a fire pit and we usually spend every night out there making s’mores. I can easily make the cupcakes beforehand and then we can roast the marshmallows outside. It will be something cute and different. Thanks for this recipe!!!