Chicken sausage, spinach, mushroom pasta

Hubby decided to get a giant burrito for dinner. I wanted to be healthier, so I threw some stuff together for dinner. It was great!

Spinach / Mushroom / Chicken Sausage / Goat Cheese pasta – by ME!
Chicken sausage – 2 links
Sauteed Mushrooms
3 cup Spinach
3 oz Goat cheese
Angel hair pasta

Cook pasta as directed on box.

Brown chicken sausage in a skillet. Remove from skillet and saute mushrooms.

Add meat back to skillet as well as spinach and goat cheese. Cook until goat cheese melts and becomes creamy. Serve over pasta.

Nutritional Information: TBD

8 Responses to “Green Bean Casserole”

One Particular Kitchen — December 18, 2009 at 1:48 pm

There is absolutely a time and place for everything! I totally agree. This is such a classic dish, and you’ve made it beautifully. 🙂

Joe — December 18, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Such a great dish. My only complaint is when people use canned green beans. The taste and texture can be killed with canned green beans. I don’t like to hear my green beans screeching while I chew them.

This picture looks delicious, by the way.

nutmegnanny — December 18, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I love green bean casserole. It’s one of my favorite holiday recipes. Sometimes we spice things up and add browned ground beef to the green bean mixture and top it with mashed potatoes. This makes it more like a dinner casserole and then I can justify eating plates and plates of it…hahaha.

oneordinaryday — December 18, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Ya know, this looks good, but I’ve never been anywhere this was served. Seems I might be missing out?

Jen — December 19, 2009 at 1:14 am

I completely agree with Joe. I always use fresh or frozen green beans.

Karen - Mommy to four sweeties — December 19, 2009 at 6:25 pm

We make this every year too at Thanksgiving and Christmas.My 4 kids hate mushrooms so we use cream of celery or cream of chicken.

Faith — December 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I completely agree, this recipe is perfect (and very nostalgic) just the way it is on the package. It just wouldn’t feel like a holiday meal without this dish!

Dorothy — December 20, 2009 at 2:53 pm

This is one of my favorite holiday side dishes! Canned green beans, soup, and all! I agree with you about having the time and place for such ingredients; it’s such a classic and familiar recipe.