Help Me Help My Friends
One of the items on my 30-while-30 list is to walk another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I have signed up to walk in New York City the weekend of October 15-16. And to help me with the walk, two of my friends, Katie and Lisa agreed to walk with me.
This is a huge committment that they are making with me. Not only are we going to walk 40 miles that weekend in October, but we’ll also be doing lots of training in the weeks and months leading up to the walk (in fact, Katie and I walked 10 miles on Saturday!).
Along with the training, comes the fundraising. The minimum fundraising requirement is $1800 per person. I had an easy time getting to my minimum since I did the walk last year and have a great deal of support from my family and friends.
I want to help my friends get to their minimums since they’re helping me by joining me on the walk. Here’s where you come in. I’m asking you guys to make a donation to my friend’s walk. Any amount helps and is greatly appreciated.
What’s in it for you?
- I will be baking up some of my favorite cookies and brownies to send to one of you.
- If you donate $5 or more to either Katie or Lisa during the month of July, you will be entered to win this package of goodies from me (you’ll get one entry for every $5 you donate, so if you donate $25, that’s five entries).
To sweeten the deal:
- If you guys, my readers, donate a cumulative total of $50 to both Katie and Lisa, I will match your donations! So your $50 will turn into a $100 donation.
And the cherry on top:
- To raise the stakes even higher, since my company matches donations, my $50 will turn into a $100 donation. That means that your $50 will actually turn into $150! If you guys get up to $100 apiece, those donations will turn into a $300 donation!
- So please consider making a $5 donation to my teammates, Katie and Lisa.
- My offer to match your cumulative donations does not kick in until the total is $50 to both Katie and Lisa. I will cap out my donations at $100 each for Katie and Lisa.
- Once you have made your donation, email me so that you can be entered to win the box of baked goods!