Operation Baking Gals Round 31 Roundup

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who participated in Team Beantown Baker for Operation Baking Gals Round 31. Team members sent care packages to my friend Nate who is stationed in Afghanistan. Nate should be getting all of his packages later this month. Thanks again everyone who helped make Nate’s day a bit brighter.

I asked the members of my team to send me any pictures or links to blog updates about their packages. I love seeing all the hard work people have put in to help make a stranger’s day. Here are some of the things that Nate will be receiving from our team.

Elaine sent chocolate banana bread, brownies, puppy chow, honey crystal roasted almonds, Readers Digest, Fiber One bars, deoderants, True lemon (add to water), Crystal Light, Orbit peppermint gum, and a thank you card with B’day wishes. She also lined her box with red/white/blue tissue paper and sprinkled red/white/blue foam stars throughout.

Erin and Shauna sent sixteen dozen cookies and bars: Cookies and Cream Cookies, Dream Bars, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, White Chocolate and Walnut Cookies, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Mary sent 6 dozen snickerdoodle and molasses cookies.

Debbie sent 1 dozen each of Brazilian coffee cookies, Mounds cookies, Almond Joy cookies, double peanut cookies, sugar cookies, patriotic chocolate chip cookies, patriotic raspberry cheesecake cookies, peanut/chocolate chip cookies, chex mix, sunflower seeds, candy, gum, beverage mixes, Ritz bits & Oreo snack paks, beef jerky, granola bars, neck coolers, and relaxation ball.

Shannon sent some Neiman Marcus cookies.

Tiffany sent Oatmeal Butter Tart Squares, Chocolatey Raspberry Crumb Bars, 7th Heaven bars, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Anita from Fearless Captivations sent 22 chocolate chip cookies, 12 big white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, 24 sugar cookies, 12 chocolate brownies, and 12 yellow cake brownies with chocolate chips

Heather from The Budget Baker sent Raspberry Streusel Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, and two containers of Mt. Olive pickles

Alicia sent some candy, chips, and drink mixes.

Tweet Bookmark and Share

13 Responses to “My first Operation Baking Gals!”

Amy Kingman — February 20, 2009 at 3:29 pm

That’s really cool! Thanks for sharing the info. 😀

Carrie — February 20, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I did OBG last fall and enjoyed it I need to sign up again.

Jess — February 20, 2009 at 4:42 pm

thank you so much for doing this, my husband just got back from 15 months deployed!

A have a quick tip for ya- since some of the soldiers are a ways out and their mail takes sometimes 4 weeks to get there, put a piece of bread (i wrapped mine in parchment paper) in with the cookies to keep them from going stale!

Jen — February 20, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Thanks for the tip Jess. I followed the instructions on the OBG website that said that bread can sometimes mold, so instead use some apple peel. So I put some apple peel between the paper towels on the top and bottom of each container.

~Kimberly — February 20, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Great post! Thanks for sharing all the info! I hope you join us again next round! I checked with my husband about the condition of the cookies he’s been receiving. It’s been taking about a week or so to get them, and he said they all have been so fresh! They have a “community” table in the hallway and he says the homebaked goodies disappear in a flash! They are all very appreciative! Thanks again for baking! I’m craving your cookies right now!!!

Joelen — February 20, 2009 at 5:50 pm

How thoughtful of you! Your cookies all look delicious and I’m sure they will appreciate all the effort you put into them!

Jen — February 20, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Thanks! I definitely plan on doing it again. Next time I probably won’t send quite as many cookies. It did end up costing quite a bit more than I expected. That’s what I get for sending 20 dozen cookies I guess…

Sara Therese — February 20, 2009 at 9:32 pm

What a great way to show your support and share your talents. High five to you!

Suzy — February 20, 2009 at 11:14 pm

How thoughtful of you! I used to do this for Desert Storm, and would pack it in popcorn. Just a thought.
    Keep it Sweet,
    Suzy

Laura P. — February 21, 2009 at 12:29 am

just wanted to thank you for doing this…my husband served in Iraq for 16 months (yes you read that right). He said that receiving packages means the world to them. It will be much appreciated!

DeborahSW — February 21, 2009 at 2:54 am

What a wonderful thing to do! I bet the lucky soldier will appreciate a little sweet treat from home. 🙂

Soli Deo Gloria — February 21, 2009 at 6:00 am

You have such a generous heart! I am sure these lovely cookies will be appreciated! 🙂

Stephanie Wagner — February 22, 2009 at 5:45 pm

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!