Cupcake Camp Boston is in One Week!

Just wanted to post a reminder about CupcakeCamp. It’s only ONE WEEK AWAY! I’m pretty excited and have some great ideas for the cupcakes I am going to take. The one thing I still need to figure out is how to transport my cupcakes. I have a great carrier, but I’m going to be bringing mini cupcakes and a lot of them! Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the other people planning this event. They’ve done so much work to make this event a success. First there’s Elizabeth (check her out on twitter @FreeFoodBoston) who attended Cupcake Camp in NYC and wanted to bring the event to Boston. Then there’s Lisa from Anali’s First Amendment and Anita from Anita’s Gigabits.

Here is the info again:
CupcakeCamp Boston
April 15, 2010 7:00 PM
PA’s Lounge in Union Square, Somerville

If you haven’t heard of CupcakeCamp, it’s basically just a gathering of people who love cupcakes. I’m helping to organize this event and I can’t wait!

Admission is free (although I do expect there might be a line) and everyone is encouraged to bring cupcakes to share or just come and enjoy some FREE CUPCAKES! We’ve been in touch with some local bakeries who will be providing cupcakes as well as local bakers, like myself.

If you’re interested in attending (and I really hope you all are), please check out the CupcakeCamp Boston blog. You can RSVP on the Facebook fan page and if you’re interested in bringing cupcakes, please register here.

10 Responses to “Cookie Dough Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes”

Janna — June 2, 2008 at 2:43 pm

These look awesome!
    Did it take a long time to get the ice cream to freeze?

Jen — June 2, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Janna,

I let it set in the ice cream about 30 minutes between each step. I wasn’t in a big hurry and 30 minutes was perfect.

Lisa — June 5, 2008 at 4:03 pm

I love the last photo, the way the ice cream has so perfectly filled the liner and the way the frosting swirls on top. And that frosting sounds fabulous! I am going to try it on my Chile Variado Cupcakes for an extra spicy combination.

Ivy — June 5, 2008 at 6:34 pm

This was a REAALLY good idea!
    I love cookie-dough anything. 🙂

Katie — June 7, 2008 at 5:28 pm

I totally do the mush thing too! In fact, for all my birthdays as I kid I would ask for cake mush, which meant my mom would take my slice of cake and ice cream and mash it up for me with a fork. The amazing thing is that while I would be full after a slice of cake and a scoop of ice cream, I can eat double that when in mush form. Yum!

Jen — June 12, 2008 at 3:40 pm

That’s awesome Katie – glad I’m not the only cake mush eater out there!

Teanna DiMicco — April 21, 2009 at 2:38 pm

This is insane! And by insane, I mean TOTALLY AWESOME! COME ON!!!! I am SO making these!

Hillary — April 21, 2009 at 4:32 pm

What an awesome idea! How do you store them – does the cake part get too cold if you freeze them?

Hillary
    Chew on That

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer — April 21, 2009 at 4:47 pm

These are so incredible – Love them!!!

Jen — April 21, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Hillary – I kept them in the freezer. It did make the cake part cold, but I’m personally a fan of cold/frozen cake anyways.