Cupcake Camp Boston is in One Week!

Just wanted to post a reminder about CupcakeCamp. It’s only ONE WEEK AWAY! I’m pretty excited and have some great ideas for the cupcakes I am going to take. The one thing I still need to figure out is how to transport my cupcakes. I have a great carrier, but I’m going to be bringing mini cupcakes and a lot of them! Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the other people planning this event. They’ve done so much work to make this event a success. First there’s Elizabeth (check her out on twitter @FreeFoodBoston) who attended Cupcake Camp in NYC and wanted to bring the event to Boston. Then there’s Lisa from Anali’s First Amendment and Anita from Anita’s Gigabits.

Here is the info again:
CupcakeCamp Boston
April 15, 2010 7:00 PM
PA’s Lounge in Union Square, Somerville

If you haven’t heard of CupcakeCamp, it’s basically just a gathering of people who love cupcakes. I’m helping to organize this event and I can’t wait!

Admission is free (although I do expect there might be a line) and everyone is encouraged to bring cupcakes to share or just come and enjoy some FREE CUPCAKES! We’ve been in touch with some local bakeries who will be providing cupcakes as well as local bakers, like myself.

If you’re interested in attending (and I really hope you all are), please check out the CupcakeCamp Boston blog. You can RSVP on the Facebook fan page and if you’re interested in bringing cupcakes, please register here.

9 Responses to “Blueberry Almond Cake with Lemon Drizzle”

How To Be Perfect — July 16, 2010 at 11:55 am

This cake looks great and I will definitely try those cupcakes, they sound awesome x

Lauren — July 16, 2010 at 11:55 am

I’m right there with you husband – I adore blueberries! This cake looks absolutely delicious :).

I’ve bought a whole bunch of reduced price ingredients at TJ Maxx and Marshalls – I always scope out their food section!

Lauren — July 16, 2010 at 11:56 am

*your husband, not you husband 😉

Gia — July 16, 2010 at 1:32 pm

In the ingredients you have listed yogurt but in the instructions you have buttermilk…can you just clarify which it is? I am going to the store and want to buy what I need to make this today!

Jen — July 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Gia – Sorry for the confusion – I have updated the recipe instructions. I used yogurt instead of buttermilk like the original recipe states. Either one would work just fine.

Memória — July 16, 2010 at 7:20 pm

This cake looks amazing. Great photos.

hannah {thepastrykook} — July 17, 2010 at 3:52 pm

the only reason why i like blueberries is cos they are good for eyesight! haha. your cake looks delectable (:

Ingrid — July 19, 2010 at 12:30 am

We blueberries,t oo. Actually we love all berries and they pair well with both almond and lemon.

Btw, No way would we thing of leaving off that yummy glaze.

Thanks for sharing!
    ~ingrid

Becca — May 9, 2017 at 10:35 pm

How far in advance can i make this ? Will it hold 2-3 days?