Cupcake Camp Boston is in One Week!

Just wanted to post a reminder about CupcakeCamp. It’s only ONE WEEK AWAY! I’m pretty excited and have some great ideas for the cupcakes I am going to take. The one thing I still need to figure out is how to transport my cupcakes. I have a great carrier, but I’m going to be bringing mini cupcakes and a lot of them! Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the other people planning this event. They’ve done so much work to make this event a success. First there’s Elizabeth (check her out on twitter @FreeFoodBoston) who attended Cupcake Camp in NYC and wanted to bring the event to Boston. Then there’s Lisa from Anali’s First Amendment and Anita from Anita’s Gigabits.

Here is the info again:
CupcakeCamp Boston
April 15, 2010 7:00 PM
PA’s Lounge in Union Square, Somerville

If you haven’t heard of CupcakeCamp, it’s basically just a gathering of people who love cupcakes. I’m helping to organize this event and I can’t wait!

Admission is free (although I do expect there might be a line) and everyone is encouraged to bring cupcakes to share or just come and enjoy some FREE CUPCAKES! We’ve been in touch with some local bakeries who will be providing cupcakes as well as local bakers, like myself.

If you’re interested in attending (and I really hope you all are), please check out the CupcakeCamp Boston blog. You can RSVP on the Facebook fan page and if you’re interested in bringing cupcakes, please register here.

8 Responses to “Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Per usual, these look fantastic! Wishing you and C a Merry Christmas!

flourchild — December 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm

These look delicious and they are very festive! Normally peppermint recipes don’t really catch my eye, but I will definitely have to try this one. Thanks!
    Jess

Daisy — December 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm

you taking full advantage of the peppermint chocolate combo in all forms is highly appreciated. These look delightful. Merry Christmas Jen!

nan — December 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Do you add the crushed peppermint before or after adding the chocolate chips?

• beantownbaker — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:58 am

At the same time that you add the chocolate chips. I’m updating the recipe to be more clear.

Taylor — December 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I was wondering if i could just do a second cup of regular sugar instead of the brown sugar? i am all out…

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 10:57 am

Hi Taylor. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was offline for the holidays. The brown sugar really enhances the texture of these cookies. If you have molasses, you can make your own brown sugar by mixing molasses and white sugar. Otherwise, go ahead and use all white, just be aware that they won’t be as soft and chewy. Happy Holidays!

April — December 16, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Do I need to adjust the recipe for my high altitude?