Weekly Avon Walk Update

Every week I’m going to provide a quick update on how my Avon Walk training is going. If you’d like to see my full training calendar, check it out here or on the left sidebar of my blog. The calendar shows the recommended training plan found on the Avon website going forward. As I complete workouts, I will update the calendar with what I actually did. So if you look at a previous date, it will show what I did that day.

I’ve decided that to prevent myself from getting bored with just walking, I’m going to mix things up a bit. I’m going to stick to the endurance walks on the weekends. Those will be key to training my body to be able to handle ~40 miles in two days. The rest of the weeks consists of 2 shorter, faster walks and 2 cross training days. The two shorter walks are primarily for cardiovascular training, so I’ll either do walking as recommended or other cardio training (I really enjoy the elliptical). For the cross training, I plan to do a class at the gym or weight training. This will help strengthen my core so that my body can handle the long walk.

Also, our gym is a 0.4 mile walk from our house. I’m not going to count that in my total mileage. I look at it as a warm up and cool down. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough out for me to start walking outside instead of on a treadmill!

Miles walked last week: 6.8
Minutes doing cardio: 70
Minutes doing cross training or weight lifting: 0

Thoughts on training so far: I’ve been reading that some people get blisters easily and others don’t. I must fall into the first category. I’ve already had 2 blisters this week. One on each foot but in different places. I’m definitely going to learn a lot about how to prevent and treat blisters over the next few months!

Total $$ raised: $550

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! If you’d like to donate to support my walk, you can make a donation on my Avon Walk page. If you donate at least $5 by the end of January, you will be entered to win a very cute tote.

12 Responses to “Kitchen Update – Sink and Faucet”

stephchows — September 11, 2009 at 2:06 pm

So exciting!!! We are in the middle of a kitchen redo too! Our faucet just went in yesterday! Along with the new dishwasher(we didn’t have one before) is now hooked up!! That may be my favorite new part 🙂 no more washing dishes by hand!!

Megan — September 11, 2009 at 2:58 pm

We’ve been looking around for backsplash. The area behind the sink, stove, and counters is just so bare… we can’t seem to make up our minds about which tiles we like… or if we prefer small bricks. It’s going to be a long process!

And p.s. my boyfriend is obsessed with the faucet you got. We don’t need a new one, but if we did, that’s the one we’d get!

Jen — September 11, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Steph – Oh I can’t imagine not having a dishwasher!

Megan – I love the look of the glass mosiac subway tiling for a backsplash. We had an interesting obstacle in that we have REAL subway tiling on the wall to about 4 feet and the previous owners used liquid nails to attach a laminate backsplash. So we needed something that could be glued back on.

Jennifer — September 11, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Oh how exciting for the change! I love the redo!

Joe — September 12, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Wicked jealous, I love it. My wife and I talk about our kitchen re-do all the time, even though we don’t have a dime put away for it. But when we do, it will be so fun. The kitchen is by far my favorite room in the house.

Nancy — September 13, 2009 at 12:26 am

Jen: The sink and faucet look beautiful. What I can see of the blacksplash and spice rack, it looks fantastic too. I love, love, love the Vulga Blue granite in our kitchen and I think the glass tile backsplash, although very pricey, really gave the kitchen the splash of color and uniqueness we were looking for! Ok, I really love the chandeliers….they are a real conversation piece and also unique (not for everyone, especially if you are in to simple, clean lines).

Jen — September 13, 2009 at 1:26 am

Jennifer – Thanks!

Joe – The kitchen is our fav room too. A renovation is a fun/exciting/stressful time. Good luck if you ever get around to it.

Nancy – Thanks – I need to write up posts about the backsplash and spice rack/shelf. We just painted today so it’s all coming together!

bcallegra — September 15, 2009 at 12:22 am

It’s so funny – after reading your post on your kitchen and fancy new faucet, I saw the same faucet while at an open house and was showing off all its features to Andrew. Very cool!

Cupcake Activist — September 29, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I have that exact same faucets and I love it! I also have a deep stainless steel sink. So awesome!

judyn — November 7, 2009 at 4:12 pm

I see that your faucet is on the right. Are you right-handed? I have seen it both ways and need to make a decision. Thanks.

Jen — November 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Yes we are both right handed. I actually never thought about putting it on the left.

Harvey@all faucets world — May 31, 2016 at 6:18 am

Yes the green patina looks cool on roofs and awnings. Although we’ll only be at the apartment occasionally and I admit if we arrived after being gone for many months and found the sink had turned into green patina, I might freak out!