Happy Birthday to ME!

My birthday has arrived so it’s time to see how I did with the list I made six months ago. I definitely had some ups and downs as far as motivation towards these things…

As I mentioned before, we post-poned our Europe trip due to financial reasons. But we did book a replacement trip with the same people who were going to go to Europe with us. As for the working out and reading my D40 manual. Those things haven’t changed since my update in May… The craft project I was referring to will get done (soon hopefully). The kitchen renovation actually caused some delays in that project. As for reading, again, I tried, I just couldn’t do it. Some books I get completely sucked into, and others I just can’t keep interested in… So I’ll keep trying to read more, but it’s just not my thing.

But I really did enjoy sending cards and baked goods to friends and family. I hope to keep that up going forward. I am going to make a list of 28 things to do this year, but I haven’t had a chance to make it yet, so stay tuned.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix – postponed trip
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it – started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three)
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five)

12 Responses to “Seven Month Update – 30 by 30”

Cupcake Kelly — January 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm

baked donuts are fun but they don’t really taste like donuts (as much as I tried to convince myself). Making regular fried donuts is fun and pretty easy!

EliFla — January 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm

You made me laugh…a lot!!!ahahahah hugs..and have a nice week

Anonymous — January 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I loved seeing your hot cocoa and peppermint marshmallows featured as a finalist on PW’s food photos! Good luck!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

You know you are my 30 by 30 mentor, right? I’ve started working on two of the items on my list right now but it is going to be interesting to see if I can get it all done in a year!

Janel — January 17, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I love this list! I’m totally going to do a 30 by 30…once I turn 29 (very soon!) The fiance and I actually started a google doc list of our to do list and this reminds me of it! Thanks for the motivation to do more.

Kristy — January 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

What a great list, wish I would have thought of doing this a few years ago! Good Luck!!

kitchenmisfit — January 18, 2011 at 2:47 am

This is such a great thing to do! I’m hoping I can do the same on my 29th birthday!

Megan — January 18, 2011 at 3:19 am

You are making amazing progress on this list! I wish I was this good!

preppyinnewengland — January 18, 2011 at 3:32 am

OH WOW! Fab list and Fab accomplishments.

Daisy — January 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm

you are on a roll! i think it is funny that you can’t visit your bro because he moved into a fraternity. wise call.

Shannon — January 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm

wow, such great progress! i wish i was more on top of it when i turned 29… maybe i was too scared 😉

Kate @ the wooden spoon — January 20, 2011 at 2:00 am

Just starting the projects is half the battle! I finally did my own painting “touch ups” in the living room last week. I used the canister that said “dining room white,” because they’re the same color, right? Nope. When it dried, it was very obviously NOT “living room white.” *Sigh.* So much for getting that project done – I just made it worse!