Day 2 – Electrical

Today when we came home, the changes were less obvious than day 1, but still evident. The electrician started doing his magic. He removed the old fuse box above the door and put in a circuit breaker panel. We also saw a bunch of holes in the walls and ceiling where he had threaded some wiring. Overall it looks like a lot got done again today. Our GC said that the electrician is going to take another day and then the tile guys would be in to tile the floor. Very exciting!!

This is where the stove was. There is a new cut-out in the subway tiling for a new outlet. Yay for getting things up to code!

See some of the holes in the ceiling. And now we have two outlets next to each other. I guess the older one will get covered up.

This is the corner the sink goes in. We were surprised at the water damage in the walls. Something is going to have to be done about that. Thank goodness we’ve kept it in our minds that things will go wrong! You can see the back of the panel there as well.

Here is the front of the panel in our hallway. We’re going to have to get some artwork or something to put over it. Notice the difference natural light makes!?! These pics were all taken within a few minutes of each other, but our hallway has absolutely no natural light.

12 Responses to “Week of Kitchen Renovations: Extra Counter and Cabinet Space”

jaimecooks — January 4, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I love the tiles behind the stove. Are those tin? It’s all beautiful. I’m totally jealous, and can’t wait to start projects of our own.

Jen — January 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Jaime – It’s actually faux tin. There’s a whole post about it coming up tomorrow!

Dorothy — January 4, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Looks beautiful; I love those counter tops! Can’t wait to see the rest of it.

living_insanity — January 4, 2010 at 11:05 pm

We have the exact same set up with the stove, near the radiator which is under a window. I sent my husband a link. We want to gut our kitchen and start over someday

themilkmanswife — January 5, 2010 at 2:32 am

Gorgeous! So creative and functional. LOVE it! 🙂

Nancy @ Live love laugh — January 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Love what I see so far! The cabinets are beautiful and any extra counter space-even lower-is a bonus!
    ~Nancy

Nancy @ Live love laugh — January 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm

~Nancy

Amy Kingman — January 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Looks awesome!!!

stephchows — January 5, 2010 at 3:21 pm

We redid our kitchen this summer as well and I love how it turned out! It’s so much more fun cooking in there now 🙂 Yours came out great!! I love the idea of moving things around to get more light and counter space 🙂

Adam V — January 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm

We’re thinking of possible implementing something similar for a radiator under our kitchen counter. One question. How have the cabinets handled the heat and humidity from the radiator over time?

Norberto — April 20, 2018 at 2:48 pm

I believe this is among the such a lot vital information for me.

And i am happy studying your article. But wanna statement on few basic things,
    The website taste is ideal, the articles is really excellent
    : D. Excellent task, cheers

Carsten Olesen — January 6, 2023 at 4:27 pm

I have the faucet that I got from Home Depot. If you still have the part number and manufacture of this product could you please send it to me. Little note if you have a leak above the nozzle take the nozzle off a replace the wiring

Thanks