Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream Cupcakes

While I was at JP Licks the other day, I grabbed margarita sorbet for the coconut margarita ice cream cupcakes, but the red raspberry fat free frozen yogurt also caught my eye. Boy do I miss ice cream and frozen yogurt. I had a little taste and this stuff is amazing. I decided raspberry would also go well with coconut, so I took a pint of that home as well.

Again, I made the two varieties of cupcake/ice cream configurations. And again both were great. The frozen yogurt is soft, so it does drip down the cupcake. This is definitely one you want to eat with a spoon.

This is my last ice cream cupcake for now. I hope to make some more dairy free ones once the kitchen is back in working order. The one thing I’ve learned is that a stiff frosting works best. I’d say cream cheese frosting is best for ice cream cupcakes.

I am submitting these cupcakes into the blogging event hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. Be sure to check back to vote for their reader’s choice cupcakes. Voting will be the first week in June.

9 Responses to “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt”

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — February 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm

My list of must make recipes is constantly getting switched a round. So many great recipes come out every day it’s hard to keep up

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:22 am

I agree completely. Even when I have sat down to make a must-bake list, within a few weeks, half of the things on there aren’t doing it for me because I’ve found new recipes I want to try.

Ashley — February 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I love making lists, too. And I especially love checking things off of lists. This will definitely be added to my insanely large list of recipes to try out. Yum!

Aimee — February 19, 2013 at 4:45 pm

OMG! I was wondering why my jaw dropped the second I saw this gorgeous cake in my Google reader! It looks amazing Jen, and since I still haven’t made it (shameful but not at all surprising) I am so glad you did! I wish I could eat a piece! Miss you. Xoxo

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Miss you too hon. You definitely should still try to make this bundt. It’s worth keeping on your list.

Megan — February 19, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Anything with peanut butter and chocolate chips and you can count me in!

Shannon — February 20, 2013 at 10:32 am

yum. this is definitely my kind of cake, i can’t turn down peanut butter!

Kelly — May 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hi Beantown Baker
    Do you think this would be able to be made in cupcake form? Or is it best to keep it in bundt pan for cooking purposes?

Thanks

• beantownbaker — May 16th, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Good question. While I haven’t made this in to cupcakes, there’s no reason this has to be baked in a bundt pan. I’d say give it a shot! Let me know how it goes for you.