Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

9 Responses to “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt”

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — February 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm

My list of must make recipes is constantly getting switched a round. So many great recipes come out every day it’s hard to keep up

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:22 am

I agree completely. Even when I have sat down to make a must-bake list, within a few weeks, half of the things on there aren’t doing it for me because I’ve found new recipes I want to try.

Ashley — February 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I love making lists, too. And I especially love checking things off of lists. This will definitely be added to my insanely large list of recipes to try out. Yum!

Aimee — February 19, 2013 at 4:45 pm

OMG! I was wondering why my jaw dropped the second I saw this gorgeous cake in my Google reader! It looks amazing Jen, and since I still haven’t made it (shameful but not at all surprising) I am so glad you did! I wish I could eat a piece! Miss you. Xoxo

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Miss you too hon. You definitely should still try to make this bundt. It’s worth keeping on your list.

Megan — February 19, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Anything with peanut butter and chocolate chips and you can count me in!

Shannon — February 20, 2013 at 10:32 am

yum. this is definitely my kind of cake, i can’t turn down peanut butter!

Kelly — May 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hi Beantown Baker
    Do you think this would be able to be made in cupcake form? Or is it best to keep it in bundt pan for cooking purposes?

Thanks

• beantownbaker — May 16th, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Good question. While I haven’t made this in to cupcakes, there’s no reason this has to be baked in a bundt pan. I’d say give it a shot! Let me know how it goes for you.