Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

8 Responses to “Strawberry Shortcake Cookies”

hannah! — June 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm

im so sad it has come to an end too! anyway these must be pretty tasty

lovestoeat — June 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

mmmmm those are one of our faves..i made them a TON last year..soo good
    yours look great

Amy of Sing For Your Supper — June 4, 2010 at 3:59 pm

These look delicious!! I bet they’d go over great at a 4th of July party! I loved your strawberry week- such a great idea!! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:43 am

These look great! We definitely don’t need 3 dozen though and wouldn’t want so many to go bad. Do you think they’d freeze well? I was thinking of doing what you did with freezing the chocolate chip dough a few weeks back, but I’m not sure if the strawberries throw a wrench into the mix.

Jen — June 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I’m not sure if these will freeze well. They were definitely best the day they were baked. Nice and crispy like a shortcake. The second day they were a bit more soft. I’d definitely be nervous to freeze them, but if you try it, let me know how it goes.

squirrelbread — June 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm

just made these, and we loved them! a nice little hot weather treat.

A Bluebonnet in Beantown — June 19, 2010 at 2:47 am

Yum! I’m planning to take my kidlets strawberry picking for the first time. This looks like a great way to use some berries.

Amy — June 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I made mine canelle-style so they look like little pink footballs and sprinkled them with turbinado sugar…SUPER YUMMY!