Power of Pink Roundup

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for participating in this event. Breast Cancer Awareness means a lot to me and my family.

I recently signed up for the Army of Women. This group allows you to participate in Breast Cancer Research. Basically, when studies come up, you will receive an email detailing the study and requirements for participants. If you’re interested, you respond to the email. If not, you can forward it to friends or family members or just delete it. There is not obligation but it can provide a concrete way to participate in Breast Cancer Research. Check out their FAQ site for more information.

As promised here are some common myths about Breast Cancer (from Women’s Health on about.com).

Myth: I’m too young to worry about breast cancer.
Fact: While it’s true that your breast cancer risk increases as you get older, the fact is that women of all ages are at risk for developing breast cancer.

Myth: There’s never been a case of breast cancer in my family so I don’t need to worry about it happening to me.
Fact: The truth is the majority of women diagnosed with breast cancer don’t have a family history of this devastating cancer. However, if your mother, sister, or grandmother ever had breast cancer your risk is significantly increased.

Myth: I don’t have a mutated BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene so I’m sure breast cancer is not in my future.
Fact: Don’t fool yourself! Not having a mutated BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene does not mean you won’t get breast cancer. Actually, the truth is that almost all women (90 to 95 percent) diagnosed with breast cancer have neither a family history nor mutated BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene, according to the American Cancer Society.

Myth: The majority of women diagnosed with breast cancer had more than one risk factor prior to diagnosis.
Fact: All women are at risk for developing breast cancer whether they have known risk factors. In fact, the majority of breast cancer patients had no known risk factors, other than being female, for this frightening disease.

Myth: Breast cancer is preventable.
Fact: Although a drug classified as an antiestrogen called, Tamoxifen may decrease breast cancer risk in certain women, the cause of breast cancer remains unknown and is not completely preventable. The real key to surviving breast cancer is early detection and treatment.

Myth: Having yearly mammograms will expose me to too much radiation and cancer will occur as a result.
Fact: According to the American College of Radiology, the benefits of annual mammograms far outweigh any risks that may occur because of the minute amount of radiation used during this screening and diagnostic procedure.

Myth: I’m not going to breastfeed because breastfeeding would increase my risk of getting breast cancer.
Fact: Just the opposite is true. Breastfeeding may actually decrease the risk of perimenopausal breast cancer.

Now for the roundup. I got a great variety of entries from an international crowd!

Yasmeen from Health Nut in Cleveland, Ohio, made a Rose Berry Banana Soy Smoothie

Lubna from Yummy Food in Bangalore, India, made a Vegan Strawberry Milkshake

Karen from Loves To Eat in Tampa, Florida, made Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Stephanie from Confessions of a City Eater in Boston, Massachusetts, made Kiss Cookies for Breast Cancer

Priyasuresh from Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes in Paris, France made a Sugar Free Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie

Ning from Heart and Hearth in Manila, Philippines made Easy Strawberry Muffins

Ricki from Diet, Dessert and Dogs in Toronto, Canada made Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake

Nazarina from Giddy Gastronome in Denver, Colorado made Pink Soap

Ivy from Kopiaste… to Greek Hospitality in Athens, Greece made Watermelon Mousse

Susan from Food Blogga in San Diego, California made Cranberry, Banana, and Honey Smoothies in her new Blender

Mike from Mike’s Table in Florida made Fig and Goat Cheese Swirl Ice Cream

Clara from i♥cuppycakes! in California made Power of Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

Carrie from Carrie’s Sweet Life in the Twin Cities, Minnesota made Whoopie Pies

Sara from Lemon Pepper in Indianapolis, Indiana made Strawberry Cupcakes

Susan from My Life’s Joys in Pennsylvania made Death By Chocolate Cupcakes

Julie from Designer by Day, Dreamer by Night in Chesapeake, Virginia made A Very Pink Halloween

Hanne Sofie from Freshlymade in Copenhagen, Denmark made Pink Cupcakes

I also made quite a few things to help promote my blogging event. I hope no one minds that I submitted recipes for my own event… I made Pink Cupcake Bites

Pink M&M Treats, and …

M&M Cookies.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in my blogging event! Watch for CB’s giveaway to be randomly selected sometime soon.

35 Responses to “It’s a Pizza Pie!”

Josie — July 30, 2009 at 1:04 pm

that looks soooo good – I will most definitely be making this soon

Jade — July 30, 2009 at 2:09 pm

This is such a great idea. I will have to try it one weekend for breakfast.

oneordinaryday — July 30, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Looks great. Very clever take on pie and I think I’ll be giving it a try myself. Thanks for the idea!

biz319 — July 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Holy yum – I am making this for my breakfast tomorrow!

OMG, you need to make your own dough – google Artisan Bread in 5 minutes for the recipe.

It takes 5 minutes to make, 2 hours to rise and its enough dough for four 14 inch pizzas, four loaves of bread – and the best part is you can keep the dough in the fridge for up to 2 weeks – just pull out what you need and let it come to room temp.

I don’t like runny eggs either – but my husband loves dipping bread into it – gross! 😀

Jen — July 30, 2009 at 5:18 pm

I might just have to try homemade pizza dough. I think I could handle 5 minutes… Thanks for the info.

Katie — July 30, 2009 at 5:18 pm

That is a gorgeous pizza! I love all the colors and it looks so rustic! 🙂

jenn — July 30, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I don’t know why I have never made one of those either!!

I don’t like runny either, it grosses me out.

I can’t wait to try this over the weekend!

Jenn@ http://www.slim-shoppin.com

Ingrid — July 30, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Yay, for “pie” I participated too and didn’t make a traditional pie! Oh, geesh, pizza dough is super easy. The ONLY thing with yeast I can do! 🙂 My 9 yr old actually makes it but we use the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes recipe. Breakfast pizza is a brillant idea can’t wait to give it a try. Psst, I have store bought dough in the fridge too. 🙂
    ~ingrid

Michelle — July 30, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I’ve seen bacon and pizzas pop up a few times, and yours looks so delicious! I really need to give this a try!

SK — July 30, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Wow that looks delicious!! Good idea with the cookie cutter!

JennyMac — July 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I have made a breakfast pizza before with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese….but I LOVE the runny egg on it. Good tip with the biscuit cutter making a place for the yolk to nestle. I am gonna try this one. Yummers!

bec — July 30, 2009 at 11:49 pm

well now i just feel dumb that i didn’t think of this myself! it looks amazing. maybe i will make it and not tell neil that i stole the idea from you…..bwa ha ha ha ha…..

Stephanie Wagner — July 31, 2009 at 12:21 am

Awesome idea! Love the eggs cooked that way, I don’t do runny either… I made a breakfast pizza for a baby shower brunch, but it wasn’t nearly as healthy, I used gravy for sauce and scrambled the eggs with sausage. Hopefully, we’ll be giving this a try Sunday morning!

tara — July 31, 2009 at 1:02 am

What a smart idea to use the cookie cutters; definitely something to try. This looks delicious.

Jennifer — July 31, 2009 at 1:28 am

This is one thing I have wanted to try forever!! thanks for the reminder to do this!!! I love the cookie cutter idea to keep the whites in place!

nutmegnanny — July 31, 2009 at 2:06 am

Of course pizza is a pie:) It’s a savory pie. When I first moved to NY from OH I called to order a pizza and said “one large pizza” and the pizza guy said “one large pie” and I got all confused and said “ummm no a pizza” and then I’m pretty sure I heard him a sigh and he said “yes a pie is a pizza”…what a nerd I was.

Amy — July 31, 2009 at 4:42 am

I was JUST talking to someone about veggie pizza the other day. I love this and your version sounds so good. Can’t wait to try it!

Jen — July 31, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Just to clarify, the whites still ran some, but the yolks definitely stayed in place by using the cookie cutter. Except for the yolk I broke when I was cracking the shell.

Love all the stories about the pizza vs pie thing.

And yes Bec, go ahead and tell Neil you made it up. He’ll love you even more 🙂 I’m wishing I hadn’t told Hubby about it and just surprised him with it this weekend. He’s going to love it (I made it on a day I worked from home).

Bridget — July 31, 2009 at 3:43 pm

This looks so delicious…and your pictures are gorgeous! 🙂 I’m SO hungry right now!!!

Thanks so much for participating! I left you instructions for the linky in my blog comments.

ttfn300 — July 31, 2009 at 3:46 pm

holy cow that looks fantastic!!!

Page — July 31, 2009 at 4:35 pm

That looks awesome!

La Pixie — July 31, 2009 at 4:54 pm

this looks good, and I know my husband would like it. I might try it tomorrow morning for him. thanks for the idea!!

Dorci — July 31, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Those look great! Another way to get my son to eat breakfast. Yay!

chocolatecup — July 31, 2009 at 5:46 pm

this looks omgggg yummmmmmyyyyy

Michelle — July 31, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Wow that looks so good and what a great idea to serve for a brunch or breakfast for dinner meal! I am going to try this soon.

Heidi — July 31, 2009 at 9:09 pm

OMG!! That looks so good, I might have to make that one morning.

Jessica — July 31, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Fabulous! I am a lover of breakfast food and I love this new twist. I even have most of those ingredients at home right now. I think this will be breakfast tomorrow!

Nicole Feliciano — August 2, 2009 at 12:36 am

What a fun treat before the kids go back to school a n elaborate breakfast. This week I did sangria for recipe sharing. I hope you’ll stop by my site and share this tasty post:

thecookieshopinenglish — August 2, 2009 at 4:40 am

What a great idea! It looks really good and perfect for a weekend breakfast!

UnfinishedMom — August 5, 2009 at 12:19 pm

What a great idea! I love this.

~Amber~ — August 8, 2009 at 1:38 am

Wow, this sounds amazing!

christenandjames — August 9, 2009 at 6:10 pm

After finding this recipe yesterday on your blog, I made it for breakfast today. Holy Moly it’s fantastic! I added some sautee’d onions and it was so great. I added it to my blog at
    Thanks for the recipe!

liza — August 17, 2009 at 11:27 am

woww!! this looks delicious, its such a great idea.
    Bellacino’s Pizza and Grinder offers Buy One Get One Pizza Free.

Sweet and Savory — October 15, 2009 at 5:57 am

I am glad I found your blog. You have wonderful ideas and activities. I am thrilled you are doing the PINK theme.

From FAT to FIT — August 25, 2012 at 3:20 am

I make little “wells” in the cheese to hold my eggs in place 🙂