Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

I wanted to make some sort of peanut butter cookies for our beer pong finals. I think the saltiness of the peanut butter goes really well with beer 🙂 The cookies themselves actually have no peanut butter in them, but the filling does so it fits the bill. I made a double batch and got 2.5 dozen cookie sandwiches.

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies – from Fresh from Cate’s Kitchen
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup quick oats
1 cup light brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and oats in a medium bowl.

In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.

Beat in vanilla and egg, then stir in dry ingredients until just combined.

Roll about 2 tsp of dough into a ball, then flatten and press onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet.

Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes (closer to 8 for softer cookies, closer to 12 for crisper cookies).

Cool on a wire rack.

Filling3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp half and half – I used goat’s milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth.

When cookies are cool, pipe or spread frosting on one and press another on top to make a sandwich.

Note – My frosting was very thick so I ended up double the amount of liquid by adding more milk. You will have some extra frosting. But it’s amazing so no big deal there.

9 Responses to “S’mores Cookies”

Rachel Cannon Humiston — October 5, 2010 at 2:50 pm

These look SO delicious! I love cookies, especially as the holidays approach. Always on the lookout for new ideas! Thanks for sharing this one!

nutmegnanny — October 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm

These look great! I did a S’mores brownie not to long ago and since then I have been craving more! There is something about S’mores that is just soooo awesome 🙂

Eliana — October 5, 2010 at 3:13 pm

These beauties not look any cuter. And of course, they look super delish as well.

Daisy — October 5, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I’ve had these kind of cookies before. (Someone else baked them, not me!) they are so good!

DizzyC — October 5, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Over here in the UK we know that you all love S’mores and we are jealous as we dont have them!

I am a newish follower and enjoying ur blog so much.
    I have an award for u on my blog.

carol

newlywed — October 5, 2010 at 10:09 pm

They look great! What a fun idea. I love S’mores everything! Over the summer, I had a very casual party, just days before my wedding, and made a bunch of toaster s’mores. They were so easy and a big hit!

Carrie — October 6, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I LOVE smores and will be trying these soon!!!

Jes — October 9, 2010 at 10:18 am

I’m getting ready to make these tomorrow and I’m just wondering how many cookies this makes…

Jen — October 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Jes – It makes around 3 dozen. I updated the post to say that as well. Hope you enjoy them.