Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

8 Responses to “Strawberry Shortcake Cookies”

hannah! — June 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm

im so sad it has come to an end too! anyway these must be pretty tasty

lovestoeat — June 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

mmmmm those are one of our faves..i made them a TON last year..soo good
    yours look great

Amy of Sing For Your Supper — June 4, 2010 at 3:59 pm

These look delicious!! I bet they’d go over great at a 4th of July party! I loved your strawberry week- such a great idea!! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:43 am

These look great! We definitely don’t need 3 dozen though and wouldn’t want so many to go bad. Do you think they’d freeze well? I was thinking of doing what you did with freezing the chocolate chip dough a few weeks back, but I’m not sure if the strawberries throw a wrench into the mix.

Jen — June 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Sarah,

I’m not sure if these will freeze well. They were definitely best the day they were baked. Nice and crispy like a shortcake. The second day they were a bit more soft. I’d definitely be nervous to freeze them, but if you try it, let me know how it goes.

squirrelbread — June 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm

just made these, and we loved them! a nice little hot weather treat.

cheers,

*heather*

A Bluebonnet in Beantown — June 19, 2010 at 2:47 am

Yum! I’m planning to take my kidlets strawberry picking for the first time. This looks like a great way to use some berries.

Gena

Amy — June 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I made mine canelle-style so they look like little pink footballs and sprinkled them with turbinado sugar…SUPER YUMMY!