Steak and Salad

Hubby and I started doing meal planning about a month ago. I haven’t posted our weekly meal plans, but maybe I’ll start doing that… I like adding tried and true recipes that are easy and healthy. This is one of those recipes.

We eat salad almost every night with dinner. This is our favorite. One night we had some steak in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I grilled it and served it with salad. Then I started taking bites of them together and this meal was created.

Super Steak Salad (by ME!) – 8 WW pts – makes 3 servings
1 bag of spring mixed greens
1 granny smith apple – chopped
3 Tbsp of sliced almonds
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1 oz Goat Cheese
6 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Italian Dressing
12 oz lean steak
Mix all ingredients except steak in a box and mix (I like to put in a Tupperware bowl, put lid on and shake until all mixed up).
Grill steak to your preference. Top salad with steak and serve!

11 Responses to “Roasted Beet Hummus”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 13, 2010 at 12:29 pm

That color is unreal! I’ve made beet green hummus but I’ll have to try using the actual beets sometime!

KV — October 13, 2010 at 12:33 pm

wow that is pink!! I’ve been trying to think of a recipe for natural pink too instead of just food coloring but I can’t figure anything out

Courtney — October 13, 2010 at 3:14 pm

What a great idea – it’s such a beautiful color!

Sara — October 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Pink is my favorite color! I’m not a fan of beets, but I would make this just for how cool it looks. 🙂

camelia — October 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm

You even made hummus look amazing!! That color is stunning! How pretty would that look on a table at a party?

Kerstin — October 14, 2010 at 4:18 am

How fun – I love beets and the fuchsia is such a conversation piece!

We Are Not Martha — October 14, 2010 at 1:41 pm

This is SO pretty!! And perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I’m sure it’s delicious too 🙂

Sues

ChefBearden — October 15, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I have made a similar recipe in the past and when serving, place a swipe of creme fraiche in the center, makes it look even more dynamic! Great stuff, great way to get people to eat beets!

Miss Strawberry — October 18, 2010 at 9:08 pm

That is so PINK! And so CREATIVE!!!! Love it, love it!! I’ve never had beet hummus either…but it actually sounds delicious…

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2010 at 2:40 am

This looks delicious! It reminded me of borscht…yum!