Steak and Salad

Hubby and I started doing meal planning about a month ago. I haven’t posted our weekly meal plans, but maybe I’ll start doing that… I like adding tried and true recipes that are easy and healthy. This is one of those recipes.

We eat salad almost every night with dinner. This is our favorite. One night we had some steak in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I grilled it and served it with salad. Then I started taking bites of them together and this meal was created.

Super Steak Salad (by ME!) – 8 WW pts – makes 3 servings
1 bag of spring mixed greens
1 granny smith apple – chopped
3 Tbsp of sliced almonds
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1 oz Goat Cheese
6 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Italian Dressing
12 oz lean steak
Mix all ingredients except steak in a box and mix (I like to put in a Tupperware bowl, put lid on and shake until all mixed up).
Grill steak to your preference. Top salad with steak and serve!

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!