BLTs with Homemade Mayo

Hubby and I got REALLY spoiled this summer. We been getting a huge bag of tomatoes in our CSA box every week since the end of July. I’ve eaten so many tomato sandwiches, I’m surprised I haven’t turned red…

While I’ve been enjoying my sandwiches with just some CSA lettuce, big slices of tomato, and a thin slather of homemade mayo on some hearty whole wheat bread, Hubby prefers his with a bit of protein. The obvious choice for him is bacon.

I always season my tomato slices pretty heavily with course sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I remember watching Ina Garten once saying on her show that you’d be amazed at how much salt tomatoes can take on. The salt really brightens the flavor of the tomatoes.

As I said, we’ve been spoiled and I’m definitely going to miss these sandwiches in a few weeks… Our CSA letter this week said this would be our last week of tomatoes for the year…

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!