Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!