Cilantro Turkey Burgers (3 WW pts) & Sauteed Mushrooms (2 WW pts)

Hubby swears that a burger isn’t a burger unless it’s beef. That was his opinion until he ate this turkey burger. We love it and it’s now one a staple on our menu! Thanks Joelen for the recipe!

We’ve also been on a big mushroom kick recently. I love to put sauteed mushrooms on anything!

Cilantro Turkey Burgers (from Joelen)
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 half large red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I used about a cup – we love Cilantro!)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
olive oil

In a bowl, grate onion. This allows it to add moisture to the turkey and even cooking.
To the grated onion, add turkey, cilantro & spices.
Combine thoroughly without over handling.
Shape into 4 patties.
Heat up grill pan or grill. Add oil to lubricate grill pan/grill. Cook on grill pan/grill pan until juices run clear.
Recipe for Sauteed Mushrooms: HERE
I calculated the points as 3 per turkey burger, not counting the bun or anything else you put on it.

6 Responses to “Am I a cupcake Hero?!?”

MrsPresley — October 9, 2007 at 3:06 am

i love lime! these sound great 🙂

JaneDough — May 5, 2008 at 12:59 am

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, so bottoms up with these tasty-sounding sweet treats!

Deborah — May 5, 2008 at 3:21 am

The frosting recipe is missing something. ‘1/4 butter’ ??? Pound or cup? But it sounds great.

Nell — May 6, 2008 at 2:01 am

Those look amazing!

Jen — May 9, 2008 at 5:11 pm

I’ll have to double check the recipe and fix my typo this weekend. Sorry about that. For anyone who asked why they look slushy. This was one of my first Vegan cupcakes and I was using low-fat soy milk. This causes the cupcakes to come out gummy/sticky and not rise very much. I filled them the same amount that I usually do, they just didn’t rise up much. I’d like to try this recipe again to make prettier margarita cupcakes.

Jeremy — June 5, 2008 at 2:21 am

I use non-vegan ingredients and they turn out great as well. Also, I seem to have to double the powdered sugar for the frosting to give it an substance, and then I have way too much frosting 🙂 I also add a bit more lime than the recipe calls for, but that’s just me.