Roasted Red Pepper Dip

I made this dip for Hubby and a friend when they were hanging out. It made a huge amount of dip! Since we had so much leftover, we got creative with it. We spread it on top of some salmon and baked the salmon in the oven – it was AWESOME! I would recommend doing that if you have leftovers of this dip. Or even just make this as a salmon topping.

The original recipe called for 2 cloves of garlic and I always double the garlic in recipes. However, this time that was a little bit overkill. The garlic is very strong in this dip, so keep that in mind. Also, I think it would have been smoother if it had been mixed in a blender instead of a food processor.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip – adapted from Milk & Honey
1 large jar of roasted red peppers – drained and blotted dry
1 red onion – chopped
4 garlic cloves – this is a LOT of garlic, if I make it again, I’d use 2 or 3
1/4 cup dry breadcumbs
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce

Place peppers, onion, and garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped.

Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Serve with pita chips.

11 Responses to “Roasted Beet Hummus”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 13, 2010 at 12:29 pm

That color is unreal! I’ve made beet green hummus but I’ll have to try using the actual beets sometime!

KV — October 13, 2010 at 12:33 pm

wow that is pink!! I’ve been trying to think of a recipe for natural pink too instead of just food coloring but I can’t figure anything out

Courtney — October 13, 2010 at 3:14 pm

What a great idea – it’s such a beautiful color!

Sara — October 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Pink is my favorite color! I’m not a fan of beets, but I would make this just for how cool it looks. 🙂

camelia — October 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm

You even made hummus look amazing!! That color is stunning! How pretty would that look on a table at a party?

Kerstin — October 14, 2010 at 4:18 am

How fun – I love beets and the fuchsia is such a conversation piece!

We Are Not Martha — October 14, 2010 at 1:41 pm

This is SO pretty!! And perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I’m sure it’s delicious too 🙂

Sues

ChefBearden — October 15, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I have made a similar recipe in the past and when serving, place a swipe of creme fraiche in the center, makes it look even more dynamic! Great stuff, great way to get people to eat beets!

Miss Strawberry — October 18, 2010 at 9:08 pm

That is so PINK! And so CREATIVE!!!! Love it, love it!! I’ve never had beet hummus either…but it actually sounds delicious…

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2010 at 2:40 am

This looks delicious! It reminded me of borscht…yum!