Monster Cookies

These little cookies are so good. I was a little skeptical because there is no flour used in this recipe, but with all those oats, you just don’t need it. I’ve never had a Monster Cookie before but I’m sure glad I tried them! They have a little bit of everything in them and you can make them with whatever you want. I chose to use M&Ms and raisins. The flavors complimented the peanut butter batter well.
Monster Cookies – from Made with Love – makes ~3.5 dozen3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂