Spicey Orange Shrimp

I made this spicey shrimp for Hubby’s birthday dinner as a first course. We both really enjoyed it. It has a nice level of kick followed by the sweetness of the orange. We’ll definitely be making this again. I think I got too impatient with the sauce because it didn’t thicken. But it was still really good. This would also be great served over pasta like shrimp scampi.

Spicey Orange Shrimp – from thePioneerWoman.com
2 dozen 26-30 per pound deveined shrimp
3/4 cup orange juice
2-4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Peel and dry shrimp. Set aside on a paper towel.

Thinly slice garlic cloves (I minced using my garlic press). Add garlic and other spices to the OJ.

In a large skillet over high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add shrimp and cook 30-60 seconds before beginning to flip. Cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove shrimp from pan. Leave heat on high.

Once butter and drippings have begun to smoke slightly, add the OJ mixture to the pan and stir. Add the last Tbsp of butter. After a few minutes, the sauce will be thicker.

Return shrimp to pan and toss to coat

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Sues

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while
    Shandra-http://shandrita.tumblr.com/

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.