Death by chocolate (Oreo Truffles)

OMG these truffles are amazing. I could really eat almost all of these. My heart would probably stop about 1/2 way through the batch, but these guys might be worth it. I made hubby promise not to eat too many when he takes them to work.

You can dip these in any flavor of chocolate that you like. My plan was to do 1/2 in dark and 1/2 in white, but I burnt the white chocolate in the microwave. I did 1/3 in dark chocolate, 1/3 in milk chocolate, and 1/3 using the chocolate/caramel swirl chips. The caramel ones were hubby’s favorite, and I’m always a fan of dark chocolate.

The original recipe for these guys comes from Kraft.com but I found this recipe from Chris of Mele Cotte. Chris recommends using condensed milk instead of cream cheese so that you don’t have to refrigerate the truffles.

Oreo Truffles – made ~100 for me
1 package Oreos
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
melted chocolate of your choice

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.

Crush oreos using a food processor. I put about 12 cookies in at a time.

Add vanilla and milk. Stir until ingredients come together. Work quickly to form the mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Put into refrigerator to chill (for easy dipping).

Melt the chocolate using your favorite method. I like to use the microwave. I also added some vegetable oil to the chocolate to thin it out.

Dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate and put back on cookie sheet.

I put them in mini-cupcake liners so they’re easier to handle. Everyone loved these little guys.

10 Responses to “S’mores Cookie Bars”

Heather — December 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yum! They look really good. But I do not like marshmallow fluff. To me, it doesn’t even really taste like marshmallow, and has a weird chemical taste. Nast.

Have you ever tried these ones? REAL marshmallows! 🙂 Maybe there is a way to combine your recipe (the cookie part) with this?

laurasrecipecollection.com — December 2, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Wow, those look awesome!

Cupcake Activist — December 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I love s’mores!

Ingrid — December 3, 2009 at 4:16 am

I’ve made these several times and I’d have to say they’re my favorite “s’mores” dessert!
    ~ingrid

Jelli Bean — December 3, 2009 at 3:50 pm

You’ve got me wanting to pop a couple grahams, chocolate, and marshmallows into my toaster over for a quick fix. These look really good. I don’t think marshmallow fluff exists here in Central America, but these bars look sensational.

stephchows — December 3, 2009 at 4:41 pm

oh yum! count me in for this one for sure!! I could go for a nice campfire too right about now 🙂

nutmegnanny — December 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Oh my goodness! These look awesome….yum!

Dorothy — December 3, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Those look great! Would you believe I never had “true” s’mores (with toasted marshmallows) until this year?!?!

I named you for the “Kreativ Blogger” award! Love your blog, though I’m more of a lurker than a commenter 🙂 Here’s the link if you want to grab the badge for your page:

Amanda — June 9, 2010 at 1:21 pm

wow! im loving everything here. 🙂 –Cafe Guru

Kris — June 12, 2010 at 2:06 am

I just made these and they are awesome!!! thanks so much!!!!